× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Guest Network with TP-Link OneMesh

mahimike1
Aspirant

Guest Network with TP-Link OneMesh

I have just set up a TP-Link Decco AX6600 2-device OneMesh network.  Everything works great wirelessly.  I have some wired infrastructure in my house and decided to use it to leverage their 'backhaul' capability.  I have am wired from the Deco router thru a GS108Tv2 to a GS305v3 to a TP-Link switch.  The TP-link switch is connected to the 2nd Decco unit.  The moment I connect, I lose the ability to connect to the OneMesh guest network.  By elimination and lots of long CAT5 wires, I have determined that the GS108Tv2 is the culprit.  If I go from the router to the GS305v3 to the TP-Link switch to the 2nd Deco the guest network works fine.  I am planning on an upgrade to use the GS108Tv2 in another location but I will not be able to do that if I cannot determine what is disabling the guest network.  I updated to the latest GS108Tv2 firmware today and that did not help.  I have gone thru the switch settings, but beyond static/dynamic IP's and a few other simple processes like firmware updates, I am not familiar with smart switches.  Any suggestions for me to research/learn would be useful and appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Guest Network with TP-Link OneMesh

Not a whatever vendor smart or managed switch question - much more about what TP-Link has iplemented for the guest network .... start here: How to extend guest network when there is a switch between Decos 

So .... you need to configure this VLAN, and add (beyond of the untagged primary network) the guest VLAN as tagged where you connect these Mesh devices.

Message 2 of 3
mahimike1
Aspirant

Re: Guest Network with TP-Link OneMesh

Thanks.  I will dig into it.  I saw this web page during my surfing but didn't scroll down far enough to see the important details.  Again, thanks for pointing me to where I need to start!-Mike

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements