× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How can I hide the switches from appearing in Network Neighborhood?

dward_support
Aspirant

How can I hide the switches from appearing in Network Neighborhood?

Hi everyone, 

first post here

I have a dozen or so managed switches, mostly model GS752TPv2, and my question is whether there is a way to hide them from appearing in Network Neighborhood on our Windows clients?

Screenshot 2021-10-12 110628.png

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: How can I hide the switches from appearing in Network Neighborhood?

Hi,

Absolutely normal - the in-line images are under mandatory moderation. Unfortunately, the SaaS does not indicate this.

To my knowledge, there is no control on the Web UI (as of writing, and different from the simple Web configurable Plus switches) to disable the UPnP SSDP announcement, as well as the NDST one. 

With your network size, I would suggest to maintain a dedicated management VLAN - not "just" because of the discovery, also for good management and security behaviour.

Regards,

-Kurt

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
dward_support
Aspirant

my screenshot isn't uploading, I only see a yellow trianglesafe.png, so I am attempting to retry

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Hi,

Absolutely normal - the in-line images are under mandatory moderation. Unfortunately, the SaaS does not indicate this.

To my knowledge, there is no control on the Web UI (as of writing, and different from the simple Web configurable Plus switches) to disable the UPnP SSDP announcement, as well as the NDST one. 

With your network size, I would suggest to maintain a dedicated management VLAN - not "just" because of the discovery, also for good management and security behaviour.

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements