× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How do I update the bootloader to version V1.6.0.2-VB

Dennis-L
Follower

How do I update the bootloader to version V1.6.0.2-VB

Where can i find the update to update the bootloader to version V1.6.0.2-VB?

switch1.jpgswitch2.jpg

Model: GS105Ev2|ProSafe Plus 5 ports switch
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Can't see the screenshot yet - does the Web UI access challenge to upload the bootloader? Check earlier firmware builds - use "View previous versions" under the current firmware. However, the last one I can locate is GS105Ev2_loader_V1.4.0.5-VB.bin which came with v1.5.0.4.

Somehow I think we had this question before - you have to different GS105Ev2 switches, where the newer came with  V1.6.0.2-VB?

Could be a manufacturing or minor hardware change requiring a newer bootloader.

Probably somebody from Netgear can answer and give some insight on the difference or the lack of availability of the  V1.6.0.2-VB bootloader for download.

Edit: Same on the GS105PE - later manufactured devices come with V1.6.0.2-VB:

Bootloader VersionV1.6.0.2-VB
Firmware VersionV1.6.0.6

The last available bootloader is on this older device, v1.5.0.5-VB became available some firmware releases ago:

Bootloader VersionV1.4.0.5-VB
Firmware VersionV1.6.0.6

@YeZ can you challenge the switch engineering please? This could explain the oddities we see on the GS105PE under some conditions.

Message 2 of 3
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

The bootloader version difference should not cause firmware behavior difference. Will check with the engineers. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements