× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Issue with connectivity to a NAS connected to GS108T

LuisB
Aspirant

Issue with connectivity to a NAS connected to GS108T

I have installed a CTERA C200 NAS on my network with has a TWC Router (ADDIS) and it then feeds to my Netgear GS108T.  The NAS requires the opening of ports 995 and 873 and I have setup the router to open those ports.  When I tried to remote  connect to the NAS it tells me that it has network problems. My question is whether I have to do some settings on the GS108T switch to enable connectivity through the switch into the NAS

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
LuisB
Aspirant

Hi,

I think I found the problem.  The NAS had a different IP address. So I had to modify the port virtual server addresses to match the IP and that did the job.

Thx

Luis

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello LuisB, 

Welcome to the community! 

You may have to look closely on the firewall settings of your router or modem. The GS108T does not have port forwarding functions, so it is not possible for it to block requests from a specific port. 

I hope that information helps, if you have more questions please feel free to ask. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 5
LuisB
Aspirant

I will check with the router/modem settings. I however see that the GT108 has port trigger settings. What are those for?

Luis

Message 3 of 5
LuisB
Aspirant

Hi,

I think I found the problem.  The NAS had a different IP address. So I had to modify the port virtual server addresses to match the IP and that did the job.

Thx

Luis

Message 4 of 5
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello LuisB, 

Glad you found the issue, the port trigger setting (if there is one included on the FW) is only for internal packets so this does not involve request coming from the WAN. 

If you have more questions, please feel free to post. 

Thanks, 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements