× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

JGS524Ev2 - Have to keep rebooting switch to get IP working again

guido79
Tutor

JGS524Ev2 - Have to keep rebooting switch to get IP working again

I've been using my switch with firmware v. 2.6.0.43 and I'm noticing that after some random period of time, all traffic will go deaf on the switch and all of my devices connected via ethernet will report no internet connection and show self-assigned IP addresses.  My switch is behind my router in DHCP mode so it is assigned an IP address from my router.  I'm not sure what is causing this to happen.

Any ideas for how to prevent this going deaf issue?

Model: JGS524v2|ProSAFE 24 Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
guido79
Tutor

Re: JGS524Ev2 - Have to keep rebooting switch to get IP working again

@DaneA wrote:

@guido79,

Let us try this.  Perform a factory reset on the JGS524Ev2 then reconfigure the settings from scratch.  Be sure to set a static IP address on the JGS524Ev2 that is within the IP address range of your existing network.  Observe if the same problem will occur.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Thanks @DaneA . I will give this a go to see what happens.  I'm now using a static IP for the switch on my network. 🤞🏻

View solution in original post

Model: JGS524Ev2|ProSafe Plus 24 ports gigabits switch
Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@guido79,

Let us try this.  Perform a factory reset on the JGS524Ev2 then reconfigure the settings from scratch.  Be sure to set a static IP address on the JGS524Ev2 that is within the IP address range of your existing network.  Observe if the same problem will occur.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
guido79
Tutor

@DaneA wrote:

@guido79,

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Thanks @DaneA . I will give this a go to see what happens.  I'm now using a static IP for the switch on my network. 🤞🏻

Model: JGS524Ev2|ProSafe Plus 24 ports gigabits switch
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements