Probably a failed upgrade of GS724TFirmware,

ProTofik
Aspirant

Probably a failed upgrade of GS724TFirmware,

Hello,

Today I got my hands on a GS724T v2 switch and looks like I broke it already. I tried to upgrade the firmware and something went wrong.

Using Smartwizard 2.05.05, I tried to upgrade the firmware to the latest one, which is 1.0.3_ 35.

So I downloaded latest firmware and completed all 9 steps listed in attached upgrade manual. Step 9 asks to factory reset the switch with the hardware button. I tried to do that but it seems to have stopped reacting after the upgrade.

The switch itself works, but I have lost any access to its manamgement. Smartwizard do not see it any more, and I can't see the switch itself in my DHCP. I basically got 24 port fully unmanaged switch at this moment.

Anyone knows how to get it fully to work?

Model: GS724T|24-port Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 5
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Probably a failed upgrade of GS724TFirmware,

Hello ProTofik, 

Welcome to the community! 

I'd like to get some more information for us to how we can help you. I have listed them below: 

1. What is the status of the power LED? 
  2. Did you get the "Firmware update finish" message before resetting to factory default? 
  3. What firmware is the switch using before it was updated to 1.0.3_35?

Looking forward to your response. 

Thanks, 

JohnRo
NETGEAR® Community Team
Message 2 of 5
ProTofik
Aspirant

>What is the status of the power LED? 

Steady green

>Did you get the "Firmware update finish" message before resetting to factory default? 

I think so but I can't remember now

>What firmware is the switch using before it was updated to 1.0.3_35?

Again, I didn't take a note, but I think it was something like 1.0.1

Edit: Switch replies to ping on 192.168.0.239

Edit2: I just connected nothing but the switch straight to a separate NIC in my computer and ran Wireshark. This is what I get:

Untitled-1.png

Message 3 of 5
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ProTofik, 

I believe the jump from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3_35 caused the issue, it is always recommended to update the firmware in a laddered manner. At this point, I suggest contacting our Support Team

Thanks, 

JohnRo
NETGEAR® Community Team
Message 4 of 5
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ProTofik,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks, 

JohnRo
NETGEAR® Community Team
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements