× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Prosafe 10G copper module recommendation

meatball1
Star

Prosafe 10G copper module recommendation

Hi- I have a new prosafe XS708Ev2 switch and wanted to utilize the SFP+ port.

I'm having a hard time finding the reccomended 10Gbase-t copper module. Will the AXM765 work or is there a more appropriate model I should be looking for?

Thanks much

Model: XS708Ev2|ProSafe Plus 10G 8 ports switch
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
meatball1
Star

Hey thanks for the quick response.

You're right regaridng the 8x10G ports. I'm glad you actually brought this up- does the SFP+ combo port mean that that just the SFP port can't be utlized as an independent 9th copper port when adding a copper module?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

The AXM765 or the compatible modules from other vendors would be the right choice. But wait: The XS708Ev2 already has eight 10G copper ports, the #8 with copper and SFP+ is a so-called combo or shared port which can be used instead of the 10G copper port for SFP+ fiber modules.

Message 2 of 6
meatball1
Star

Hey thanks for the quick response.

You're right regaridng the 8x10G ports. I'm glad you actually brought this up- does the SFP+ combo port mean that that just the SFP port can't be utlized as an independent 9th copper port when adding a copper module?

Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Correct - both the last copper and the SFP+ port are #8 - mutually exclusive usage. No #9 available.

Message 4 of 6
meatball1
Star

Glad I asked, thanks for the replies. 

Curious if #8 is in use independently and then put in a copper module into the SFP, what happens if you plug a machine into it?

Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Curious? Nothing workable....

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements