× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: S3300 - console cable?

boe
Aspirant
Aspirant

S3300 - console cable?

Hello,

According to the website, the console connection is on the back.   It certainly doesn't look like it would connect to a standard DB9 or RJ45.    Can someone tell me where to get the console cable / parts to console into an S3300?

Model: S3300-52X-PoE+ (GS752TXP)|ProSafe 48 ports stackable smart switches with PoE+
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@boe

The console port  of the S3300 switch models is for debugging purposes only by NETGEAR Support and it requires a special adapter.  As reference, kindly checked pages 14 and 18 of the S3300 Hardware Installation Guide here.

Also, as far as I have researched, there is no option and no link to buy or to get that special adapter. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@boe

The console port  of the S3300 switch models is for debugging purposes only by NETGEAR Support and it requires a special adapter.  As reference, kindly checked pages 14 and 18 of the S3300 Hardware Installation Guide here.

Also, as far as I have researched, there is no option and no link to buy or to get that special adapter. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
boe
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is truly a shame.   The S3300 seems to be a great switch and I've deployed several.    I recently had one deployed that I did not have a backup of handy.   I couldn't access it via the assigned IP even I set my PC with an IP on that subnet.   A console would have been extremely handy.    Hopefully they'll come out with something to replace the S3300 with a real console port - usb, db9 or Rj45 that isn't just for diagnostics.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements