× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SFP RJ45 1GB Not Work on GC110 Switch

LiorN
Aspirant

SFP RJ45 1GB Not Work on GC110 Switch

Hi ,
I have GC110 , And I have Tried RJ45 Gbics SFP 1GB from different Company Generic and Not Work on Switch.
Could someone will advice to me which Generic 3D Party work SFP RJ45 On This GC110 Last Firmware ?

Thanks.

Model: GC110|8-Port Gigabit Ethernet App Managed Smart Cloud Switch w/2 SFP Fiber Ports
Message 1 of 10
LiorN
Aspirant

I think you have written in other post in Forum that you success use Generic Cisco SFP RJ45 1GB On This GC110 Switch , Could you give me the full name of it and where I could buy it please?

Thank You.

Message 2 of 10
schumaku
Guru

We've deployed "generic*", Netgear and Cisco Gigabit RJ45 SFP modules eg. in GC510 (e.g. SwissGBIC). On the GC110, we have only Netgear and Cisco "original" SFP fiber modules active.

From Netgear's compatibility list on the data sheet:

Optional Modules and Accessories
AGM731F-10000S SFP Transceiver 1000BASE-SX (Short range, multimode)
AGM732F-10000S SFP Transceiver 1000BASE-LX (Long range, single mode)
AGM734-10000S SFP Transceiver 1000BASE-T Copper RJ45 GBIC

For the records: SFP+ 10G/MultiGig capable or SFP+ DAC are not compatible with standard SFP ports. 

Message 3 of 10
LiorN
Aspirant

@schumaku wrote:

We've deployed "generic*", Netgear and Cisco Gigabit RJ45 SFP modules eg. in GC510 (e.g. SwissGBIC). On the GC110, we have only Netgear and Cisco "original" SFP fiber modules active.

From Netgear's compatibility list on the data sheet:

Optional Modules and Accessories
AGM731F-10000S SFP Transceiver 1000BASE-SX (Short range, multimode)
AGM732F-10000S SFP Transceiver 1000BASE-LX (Long range, single mode)
AGM734-10000S SFP Transceiver 1000BASE-T Copper RJ45 GBIC

For the records: SFP+ 10G/MultiGig capable or SFP+ DAC are not compatible with standard SFP ports. 

Thanks You Very much .

Could you please Give me a link on amazon to buy Original Cisco SFP RJ45 That will work ON GC110 ?

I have try Cablematter /10gtek / Ubquiti SFP RJ 45 1GB That said compatible to Netgear :"AGM734-10000S SFP Transceiver 1000BASE-T Copper RJ45 GBIC" but non of them work on The last Firmware , why is that ?

Message 4 of 10
schumaku
Guru

No idea what is going on there. 

Original Cisco SFP's might easy break your wallet. No need to focus because the Cisco fiber SFP modules are workable in my deployments.

The most easy option would be using an original AGM734-10000S SFP Transceiver 1000BASE-T Copper RJ45 GBIC - because this is (in my understanding) the module that should work and where we can force Netgear to provide support.

Not sure how you understand "compatible" modules - Ubiquity ones are customized for their devices for example. A "compatible [workable]" unit would be some no-name SFP module, with a vendor and product ID in the flash matching to the Netgear model.

Message 5 of 10
LiorN
Aspirant

@schumaku wrote:

No idea what is going on there. 

Original Cisco SFP's might easy break your wallet. No need to focus because the Cisco fiber SFP modules are workable in my deployments.

The most easy option would be using an original AGM734-10000S SFP Transceiver 1000BASE-T Copper RJ45 GBIC - because this is (in my understanding) the module that should work and where we can force Netgear to provide support.

Not sure how you understand "compatible" modules - Ubiquity ones are customized for their devices for example. A "compatible [workable]" unit would be some no-name SFP module, with a vendor and product ID in the flash matching to the Netgear model.

I have bougt Copper SFP RJ45 1GB of two Companies that Support Netgear AGM734 :
1)10GTEK
2)CableMatters

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FRQJ1Y2
"1.25G SFP-T, 1000BASE-T Copper SFP, SFP to RJ45 SFP, Compatible with Netgear AGM734"

Non of them work on the Latest Versions , when you connect them you get Loop Failure ( UP DOWN UP DOWN ... )
I see earlier posts in forum from 1 year and more and many people have this problem.

Netgear Adapter - Cost 3 Times of my switch , I can't afford that especially when I need 2/3 Pieces .
I would be happy that you help me to solve this . I have bought some pieces of GC11O Switches and this is very disappointing to know that I can't use this 2 extra Ports .

Thanks you alot for your support .

Message 6 of 10
schumaku
Guru

@YeZ we need some switch QA and engineering support here, too.

Message 7 of 10
LiorN
Aspirant

@schumaku wrote:

@YeZ we need some switch QA and engineering support here, too.

Thank You ,

There is Something New?

Message 8 of 10
bbl_1
Tutor

Thank you, we'll investigate this.

Message 9 of 10
LiorN
Aspirant

@bbl_1 wrote:

Thank you, we'll investigate this.

Thanks You Very Much ,

I will wait for your response ,

Have an excellent day .

This is another link for another adapter that compatible but not work :

Cable Matters 1000BASE-T Gigabit SFP to RJ45 Copper Ethernet Modular Transceiver for Cisco, Ubiquiti, TP-Link, Huawei, Mikrotik, Netgear, and Supermicro Equipment
https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-1000BASE-T-Transceiver-Supermicro/dp/B07TXRYJGF/

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements