× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Switch Admin page will not load

LimeyTrader
Tutor

Switch Admin page will not load

Just got a new GS108PEv3 and got it running.  The netgear switch discovery tool sees the switch and the ip address.  I put in the ip address into the browers and nothing, times out.  I tried to ping it the ip but no responce.  Has anyone have or had the same issue?

Thank you

John.

Model: GS108PEv3|ProSafe Gigabit Plus switch with PoE
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Nodism1125
NETGEAR Expert

To isolate the issue, use any devices connected to the network and check the Web GUI access. 

If not, check the FW version using the ProSAFE Plus Utility version 2.7.7

Install the ProSAFE Plus utility and discover the switch. If the switch firmware is outdated, upgrade the firmware first through the utility and try to access the switch. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/GS108PEv3

Please read the release notes of the firmware before upgrating the switch. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Nodism1125
NETGEAR Expert

To isolate the issue, use any devices connected to the network and check the Web GUI access. 

If not, check the FW version using the ProSAFE Plus Utility version 2.7.7

Install the ProSAFE Plus utility and discover the switch. If the switch firmware is outdated, upgrade the firmware first through the utility and try to access the switch. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/GS108PEv3

Please read the release notes of the firmware before upgrating the switch. 

Message 2 of 4
LimeyTrader
Tutor

Perfect, I can access the switch now and set a static IP to it.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 4
forklifter
Aspirant

@LimeyTrader wrote:

Just got a new GS108PEv3 and got it running.  The netgear switch discovery tool sees the switch and the ip address.  I put in the ip address into the browers and nothing, times out.  I tried to ping it the ip but no responce.  Has anyone have or had the same issue?

Thank you

John.

Hi John, Thanks for your kind stuff could you please let us know have found any best solution for this issue or not. I need your honest recommenations.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements