× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Switch losing VoIP settings on reboot

rjp1977
Aspirant

Switch losing VoIP settings on reboot

Hi

When we reboot these switches for updates or moving the VoIP are lost. Do the configs have to be saved on another page? I've had a look around, but I can't see any other options.

Thanks.

Richard

Model: S3300-28X-PoE+ (GS728TXP)|ProSafe 24 ports stackable smart switches with POE+
Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Switch losing VoIP settings on reboot

@rjp1977,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Was everything working fine before? 

What is the current firmware of your S3300-28X-PoE+ switch?  If ever its not yet the latest version, I advised you to update it.  The latest S3300-28X-PoE+ firmware is v6.6.4.26 and you can download it here.  Then, observe if the same problem occurs.  If the same problem occurs, perform a factory reset then reconfigure the setting from scratch and observe again if this fixes the problem. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
rjp1977
Aspirant

Hi DaneA

Thanks for that. It is at the latest version. I will try to reset it and see if that works. We have a few more that also seem to do the same thing as well.

Thanks.

Rich

Message 3 of 5
rjp1977
Aspirant

@DaneA 

Hi

I've done a bit more research and it appears to be the same issue as the one below that was never resolved.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Smart-Plus-and-Smart-Pro-Managed/GS324TP-VLan-setting-changing-upon... 

Thanks.

Richard

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@rjp1977,

If the same problem still occurs after you did a factory reset (and setting it up again from scratch), I advise you to open a support ticket with NETGEAR Support here at anytime for a hardware check.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements