This Serial number has already been registered in our system by a support representative.

dmaldonado10
Aspirant

This Serial number has already been registered in our system by a support representative.

I am trying to register my switch but I am unable to.

Error: This Serial number has already been registered in our system by a support representative.

Model: FS728TPv1|ProSAFE SmartSwitch with 24-port PoE
Message 1 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: This Serial number has already been registered in our system by a support representative.

Hello dmaldonado10,

Welcome to the community! 

Can you please PM me the serial number of the switch? 

Thanks,

JohnRo
NETGEAR® Community Team
Message 2 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: This Serial number has already been registered in our system by a support representative.

Hi dmaldonado10,

I have found the registration, the device was registered online back in 2011.  Where did you purchase the unit? Is this a refurbished unit? 

Thanks,

JohnRo
NETGEAR® Community Team
Message 3 of 6
dmaldonado10
Aspirant

I dont remember where the unit was purchased since we have so many.

It may have been purchased under the name JPS Health Network.

We tried to upgrade the firmware but jummped to the latest revision which bricked the unit.

Message 4 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

@dmaldonado10,

You mentioned "We tried to upgrade the firmware but jumped to the latest revision which bricked the unit" - with regard to this, the FS728TPv1 switch needs to be replaced.  

If ever you are the original owner of the switch and want the registration be transferred under your name, I suggest that you open an online case with NETGEAR Support at anytime.  Then, upload a .doc or .pdf copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of the FS728TPv1 for verification.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

@dmaldonado10,

I just want to follow-up on this.  We’d greatly appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements