× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to take configuation backup

Unable to take configuation backup

Hi,

I had GS108T managed switch. I had an issue when i'm taking the backup of configuation. As per the documentation

1) Click the maintenance tab. There i'm getting options for ( Upload, download, reset)

2) After clicking the upload it's giving the options like tftp but not the local configuration.

Can anyone please help me on this.

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to take configuation backup

Hi versatiletech,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to setup a TFTP server on your PC then downloaded the text configuration file?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi versatiletech,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

On the web-GUI of the GS108T switch, when you go to Maintenance > Upload > File Upload, on the File Type field, select Text Configuration.  Kindly read pages 7-4 to 7-5 of the GS108Tv2 user manual here as reference. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 10

Thanks,

I had done the same. But There is another option with transfer mode. Only option highlighted was TFTP. I'm attaching the reference screenshot. GS108T.png

Message 3 of 10
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi versatiletech,

I understand that TFTP is the only option.  You will need to setup a TFTP server on your PC for you to download the text configuration file.  Kindly browse the links below that I have found online on how to setup a TFTP server:

How to setup a TFTP Server using tftpd32 in Windows

Setting up your local machine as a TFTP server

You may want also to check on YouTube for video turorials on how to setup a TFTP server.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 10

Thanks will be checking.

Message 5 of 10
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi versatiletech,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to setup a TFTP server on your PC then downloaded the text configuration file?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 10
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@versatiletech,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information I’ve provided has helped resolve your concern or if you need further assistance.  

If ever your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 10
Tayyan
Aspirant

Hello,

I have tried to setup Tftp Server but it seems there is an issue with assigning the File path on the netgear web interface, I keep getting this error message when I click on the apply:( Error! File path cannot include the symbols:':*?"<>|' and maximum length is 160.)

the file path that I choose was : (C:\fttp)  and its the same chosen path on my Tftp settings.

Regards,

Tayyan

Message 8 of 10
Tayyan
Aspirant

Hello,

Problem solved, I only need to put the dash mark (/) in the Transfer file path on the Netgear web interface and it worked.

But i have one question:

Is the configuration backup that’s done on the SmartControlCenter is the same file type as backup file that is created using the web Browser interface (Text Configurations)?

I ask that because the file that I get from the TFTP server is File type and the file that I get from the Smart Control Center is CFG File and I need to know file type that I get from using the TFTP server Text Configurations So i can Change it to the right type.

And thanks in Advance 

Regards,

Tayyan

Message 9 of 10
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Tayyan,

This thread is to old already. Please create a new post for this issue.

Thank you!

Regards,

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements