× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to upgrade firmware on GS108Ev3 Switch

Unable to upgrade firmware on GS108Ev3 Switch

I am currently trying to upgrade the firmware on my GS108Ev3 switch from V2.06.03 to V2.06.16 but I get the following error.

"Alert

Firmware Update

Unable to download the file. Select a valid firmware file"

I have tried various web browsers but I get the same error & have double checked I have downloaded the correct firmware.

Model: GS108Ev3|ProSafe 8 ports Gigabit Plus switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to upgrade firmware on GS108Ev3 Switch

@MasterMechTech 

Have you tried doing a Factory reset on the switch and retrying upgrade? Have you tried updating to ver 2.06.17? If different web browsers also failed the update, have you tried using another computer? or using the latest version of the utility?

If you have tried all of these but still fail I would encourage contacting Support for assistance and if needed process an RMA.

HTH

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@MasterMechTech 

Have you tried doing a Factory reset on the switch and retrying upgrade? Have you tried updating to ver 2.06.17? If different web browsers also failed the update, have you tried using another computer? or using the latest version of the utility?

If you have tried all of these but still fail I would encourage contacting Support for assistance and if needed process an RMA.

HTH

Message 2 of 3

Hi Marc,

I was unaware that 2.06.17 was avaliable & that did the trick, the upgrade applied without issue.

Many thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements