× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VOIP phone hanign issue

aniliri
Aspirant

VOIP phone hanign issue

Hi ,

i have 300 users desk and each desk single lan drop and lan to IP phone and ip phone to users machine are connected. 

Earlier i was using netgear GS728 switch as core but getting high latency so i removed netgear and connected cisco SG 550X as core switch and also divided network in two parts. Still i am facing network haning issue in Phone ,

i am not able to find what is the issue suddelny all access switch showing latecny 2000 ms and phone stopped working.

Model: GS724TPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: VOIP phone hanign issue

@aniliri,

Welcome to the community! 🙂  

Is everything working fine before?  Since you have changed the switch from GS728 to a Cisco SG550X and still the same issue, kindly check the IP PBX/Sip Server or Call Manager or the Voice Gateway on your network.  

Also, it would be best if you post a detailed network diagram so that other community members can make their suggestions to your concern.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@aniliri,

Welcome to the community! 🙂  

Is everything working fine before?  Since you have changed the switch from GS728 to a Cisco SG550X and still the same issue, kindly check the IP PBX/Sip Server or Call Manager or the Voice Gateway on your network.  

Also, it would be best if you post a detailed network diagram so that other community members can make their suggestions to your concern.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
aniliri
Aspirant

Thanks DaneA,

Still we are facing this issue and my all IP phone is hanged and when i restart core switch then its started working.

ISP to Firewall and Firesll to Core Switch Cisco SG550X then 5 Netgear swtich are connected, today i was getting 1ms reply but phone was hanged again i have restarted my SG550X core switch then its started working. We don't have Vlan and this is simple network and only 25 users with phones are connected.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements