Follower

Wake on LAN using XS728T

The Model drop down does not include XS728T which is the model we are using. We are trying to send a Wake On LAN 'Magic Packet' through the switch but it seems to be blocked. I am suspicious of the system/Green Ethernet settings because I have seen chatter on other products about this auto power off feature interfering with WOL. The Manual says this cannot be disable - the web interface has enable/disable radio buttons for disabling this feature - BUT they are greyed out or unselectable. Green Ethernet enable sems to be the only option. The system web page shows "Model XS728T boot version 1.0.0.0 software version 6.5.1.26 Does this Green Ethernet setting interfere with Wake On LAN functionality? Will there be a firmware update that allows this feature to be turned off? Is there some other switch settings I can configure to allow the use of Wake On LAN through this switch?

Model: M7300-24XF (XSM7224S)|ProSAFE 24-port |10 Gigabit Stackable L2+ Managed Switch
Message 1 of 3
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Wake on LAN using XS728T

Hi @ImageGenerator,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy 

Kindly try to disable Storm Control on the XS728T switch.  

Let me share this old forum thread below as reference:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Smart-Plus-Click-Switches/Wol-pme/td-p/377304

From the old forum link above, community member 'holmesmiller' is using ProfShutDown and changed its broadcast subnet which made Wake on LAN worked. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Wake on LAN using XS728T

@ImageGenerator,

As a follow-up on this.  I inquired your concern to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support.  As per the higher tier of NETGEAR Support, some Green Ethernet functions cannot be disabled as per #5 of page 53 of the XS728T switch user manual here.  With regard to your concern about magic packets, it was advised that you open a chat or online support ticket with NETGEAR Support here at anytime.   

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements