× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

managed switch GS108PEV3 browser interface is unreachable

ajdav
Initiate

managed switch GS108PEV3 browser interface is unreachable

model version: GS108PEV3 

issue:

The switch works fine by sending the internet signal to my desktop PC, and is accessible via the ProSafe Plus Configuration utility, but whenever I try to change the password on the switch it tells me to do so via a web browser, but whenever i put the IP address of the switch into my browser, I get a connection timed out error, and I also cant ping my switch. I've  downloaded the switch discovery tool, even after clicking on the ADMIN button it still gives me the same error.

I've tried on multiple browsers (edge, chrome, brave), turned off all security (firewall, antivirus) but it still wont load. The switches managed features are unusable. 

Model: GS108PEv3|ProSafe Gigabit Plus switch with PoE
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: managed switch GS108PEV3 browser interface is unreachable

Using a non-standard MTU on the computer network interface? Known issue that MTU different from 1500 are not workable on these switches embedded controller IP stack.

Does the switch have an IP address in the subnet of the router, or does it still show the default 192.168.0.239 address? in this case, your computer interface must be in the same 192.168.0.xxx/24 (255.255.255.0) subnet - this applies also in the case of the direct connection. Note you could use the NETGEAR Switch Discovery Tool (NSDT) to locate the IP address.  

Scratch the term Internet signal, the switch does just Ethernet switching, e.g. between the computer and the router.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Using a non-standard MTU on the computer network interface? Known issue that MTU different from 1500 are not workable on these switches embedded controller IP stack.

Does the switch have an IP address in the subnet of the router, or does it still show the default 192.168.0.239 address? in this case, your computer interface must be in the same 192.168.0.xxx/24 (255.255.255.0) subnet - this applies also in the case of the direct connection. Note you could use the NETGEAR Switch Discovery Tool (NSDT) to locate the IP address.  

Scratch the term Internet signal, the switch does just Ethernet switching, e.g. between the computer and the router.

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ajdav,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly try to disconnect the GS108PEv3 from the existing network.  Then, connect a PC directly to it.  Try to access its web-GUI using its default IP address which is 192.168.0.239 (if ever your switch has a static IP Address, use that instead).  You can also check if you can get replies when you ping the default IP Address of the switch.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
ajdav
Initiate

completely forgot about subnet lol, this solved my problem, thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements