× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Accessing Stora from WD TV Live

adammc
Aspirant

Accessing Stora from WD TV Live

Hi guys,

I just bought a WDTV Live media box and have been trying to connect to my Stora.

I keep getting invalid username / password???

I have tried the registered stora account login details, I have logged into admin and create a user account and tried that I have also tried using anonymous and no password?

Any ideas what may be going on its driving me crazy!
Message 1 of 6
Southkil
Aspirant

Hi,
Is the WDTV connected to the network correctly?

Is the stora share via dma?

Or network share.
On the WDTV goto network and select network share. The stora should be there if all of correct ports are open.

🙂
Message 2 of 6
adammc
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. ON the WDTV, when I go into Setup / System / Media Library / Media Library for network share / Add network share to media library ..... Stora is there t be added (this is where I get the incorrect user / pass) ON the WDTV, when I go into Setup / Network Settings / Network Share Management ... Windows server is on with no login protection. Proxy is off is settings as well How do I check if stora is via dma?? Sorry dont understand that one ;) The stora is plugged into the wifi modem router using ethernet and is visible on PCs and Macs in the house.
Message 3 of 6
adammc
Aspirant

In stora settings: Lan Connection / obtain ip auto - yes dns server 1 - 10.1.1.1 dns server 2 - empty
Message 4 of 6
adammc
Aspirant

Can anyone please tell me what user/pass should I be entering in: Setup / System / Media Library / Media Library for network share / Add network share to media library/ windows server/ Stora
Message 5 of 6
adammc
Aspirant

I had it working for 10mins then it stopped?
From Vidos, Music Pictures - main menu of WD TV...

Instead of browsing 'windows shares' I browsed for media server and I got the listing of content....

However when I came back to the TV and when to play it says the content was unavailable. Looks like it couldnt find the Stora, even though i could browse from my MAC???

I did a restart via the stora web admin and it was then able to find the content again on the WDTV. Any idea what may be causing this?
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7