× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding Second Drive - What am I Missing?

XRobinson
Follower

Adding Second Drive - What am I Missing?

This is probably in the wrong section, but I have an Stora MS2110 with a single 1TB disk. I'm trying to add a second 1TB drive. All indications are that this should be easy - plug in the drive, select RAID or JBOD in the popup (I want JBOD,) or go to Disk Management in the Stora App and choose JBOD and everything should be good to go.

The problem is I see no popup and I see no Disk Management section in the app. I do see a RAID section that now shows both drives, but I see no way to extend my storage capacity by selecting JBOD.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for the assistance.

Model: MS2110|Media Server|EOL
Message 1 of 3
aks
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Re: Adding Second Drive - What am I Missing?

Do you have a backup?

You most likely will need to re-initialise the system from scratch to extend a JBOD volume, meaning all the data will be trashed.

I'm not familiar with Stora devices, but the ReadyNAS units have x-raid. This is self expanding once additional storage is inserted. I don't know if Stora supports volume expansion in this way, or you need to reset the unit and start over.

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Adding Second Drive - What am I Missing?

No idea on the Stora.  I will move this thread to the stora area, where hopefully someone will respond.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7