× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Android HipServ BETA app(Generic) release!!!

StudioGear
Aspirant

Re: Android HipServ BETA app(Generic) release!!!

That's what I had in the Portal Name field. So what's the Portal Name?
Are there instructions anywhere?
Thanks! 🙂
Message 51 of 105
StudioGear
Aspirant

Got it! Portal Name: www.mystora.com HipServ Name: mystoraname I'm in! WooHoo! Thanks!
Message 52 of 105
ColonelSanders
Aspirant

i am having trouble finding it on the market as well, does anyone have the apk file?
Message 53 of 105
northernlite
Novice

If they have done anything to the app recently , Its still non compatible with device - Archos 70. Still v disappointed that simple and usefull app like this still isnt compatible with Archos.
Message 54 of 105
JAmZ
Novice

Questions......

1. Is there any way of NOT storing the password? I would prefer to be asked to enter my password upon logging in. Currently, my password is automatically entered (hidden). But all someone needs to do is press the login button.

2. What video files are supported? I currently have AVI's but the app errors that it doesn't support the file format

Jamz
Message 55 of 105
xl2xl
Aspirant

This might actually make me like my stora instead of looking at it and waiting until I can take it to the shooting range..
Message 56 of 105
xl2xl
Aspirant

Its cool. However it doesn't read the time for the entire music selection properly for some reason sometimes.. I can live with that. It's nice to finally be able to easily stream my music, can't wait to try it on the road. It'll be better than pandora all day long or trying to move songs around when i want something new on my Dell Streak 5.

The interface (for the android) gets an A-
Message 57 of 105
robyb
Aspirant

xl2xl wrote:
Its cool. However it doesn't read the time for the entire music selection properly for some reason sometimes.. I can live with that. It's nice to finally be able to easily stream my music, can't wait to try it on the road. It'll be better than pandora all day long or trying to move songs around when i want something new on my Dell Streak 5.

The interface (for the android) gets an A-

Great, what do we need to get an A+? 🙂

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 58 of 105
Casperuk
Aspirant

robyb wrote:
Great, what do we need to get an A+? 🙂

Cheers,
Roby!

make it use the default media player on the device
Message 59 of 105
robyb
Aspirant

Casperuk wrote:
make it use the default media player on the device

Sweet, the next version should as far as I'm aware 🙂

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 60 of 105
ossienet
Aspirant

This app works fine for what it does but I was really looking for an easy way to move content between my Android device and my Stora when I'm away from home. Maybe this is not what this app is intended for?
Message 61 of 105
Casperuk
Aspirant

robyb wrote:
sweet, the next version should as far as i'm aware 🙂

cheers,
roby!

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 62 of 105
Nexans
Aspirant

ossienet wrote:
I'm now running this app on a Motorola Defy which has been rooted and running Cyanogen Mod 7 (Android 2.3.4).
How have you managed to install the app in the Android version 2.3.4? I do not appear in the Market. I can see app in the website of Market, but will not let me install (say: "This item is not compatible with your device"). I have Adobe Air installed previously. How did you get it? Greetings.
Message 63 of 105
ossienet
Aspirant

Nexans wrote:
How have you managed to install the app in the Android version 2.3.4?

I don't quite remember the sequence of events.
My Defy is rooted and now running Cyanogen Mod 7 RC 1.5 which is Android 2.3.5
I installed the Hipserv v2.1.1 when I was on RC1.0 Android 2.3.4.
Probably backed it up with Titanium and restored it on 2.3.5.
Message 64 of 105
Nexans
Aspirant

ossienet wrote:
I don't quite remember the sequence of events. My Defy is rooted and now running Cyanogen Mod 7 RC 1.5 which is Android 2.3.5 I installed the Hipserv v2.1.1 when I was on RC1.0 Android 2.3.4. Probably backed it up with Titanium and restored it on 2.3.5.
Thanks!! I use MIUI-2.3.5b.1 (MIUIEs), also rooted (also in Defy ;)). I've tried everything and have not achieved anything. If anyone knows any option, please let me know. Thanks, greetings.
Message 65 of 105
hemibat
Aspirant

Outstanding. This rocks!!
Message 66 of 105
sketchamo
Aspirant

Just updated my Motorola xoom to 3.2 and now market says that hipserv is incompatible with my device.
It worked before on 3.1
Anyone got any ideas on how I can get it back?
Message 67 of 105
drdavepier
Tutor

Hi all. Just got a galaxy nexus running ICS and it wont log in i can install the app fine but it comes up with an error that i need to check the location. Thing is i am using the same settings as the wifes iphone so no idea whats going on

Any ideas if ICS is compatible?
Message 68 of 105
drdavepier
Tutor

Just to confirm the error message is saying that i should confirm the portal name i am using www.mystora.com which works on an iphone but not the nexus?
Message 69 of 105
robyb
Aspirant

drdavepier wrote:
Just to confirm the error message is saying that i should confirm the portal name i am using www.mystora.com which works on an iphone but not the nexus?

That should work fine... but in case it's being picky, try it without the "www.".

Let us know.

Thanks,
Roby!
Message 70 of 105
drdavepier
Tutor

Thanks for the reply. I have tried it with and without the www. And both give the same error. I even tried it with myhipserv.com just in case but no joy.
Message 71 of 105
robyb
Aspirant

drdavepier wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I have tried it with and without the www. And both give the same error. I even tried it with myhipserv.com just in case but no joy.

if you open a browser on your phone(nexus) and go to mystora.com, what do you get?

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 72 of 105
drdavepier
Tutor

Hi, works perfect in a browser. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling app. Could it be anything to do with adobe air that the app requested i download? I did do this. Should i uninstall?
Message 73 of 105
evor
Novice

Any update on this app just got tablet for Christmas and all my videos are a I and not supported can access via LAN using IP and landing stage a I play this way but no sound.
Message 74 of 105
soana
Aspirant

Not working on Optimus T, any plans for it?
Message 75 of 105
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7