× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Arlo Pro Base Station (mode VMB400) connected to 220V. How to fix it.

icampo
Follower

Arlo Pro Base Station (mode VMB400) connected to 220V. How to fix it.

Hi,
I bought an Arlo Pro model VMB400 and tryed to install it here at Chile (220V). Its nos working again and I want to fix it. Beginner mistake, now I know that I needed a 110V transformer.... Anyone know how to fix it? We are very sad 😢. Thanks you in advance! 🙌🏼
Message 1 of 3
delaveganz
Guide

Re: Arlo Pro Base Station (mode VMB400) connected to 220V. How to fix it.

Your AC adpater is probably busted. Try searching for an adapter of a Netgear router with the correct 12VDC 1.5A rating and polarity. Alternatively, get a 3rd party adapter - but measure twice to verify polarity and voltage.

Let's hope that it did not break your base station as well.

Message 2 of 3
William10a
Master

Re: Arlo Pro Base Station (mode VMB400) connected to 220V. How to fix it.

If you have working atx pc powersupply hanging just couple of parts your set .

here is the part list.

(1) 5 ohm 15watt or larger a metal case resistor would better for mounting to power supply

(1) power suppply with power cord

Now that you all your parts short the green wire to a black wire together or add switch you want to turn on and off.

Black to yellow is the 12 volt output.

Connect end of the 5 ohm resistor to the red wire and the other end of the resistor to a black wire the resistor loads the 5 volt output to regulate the power supply output mount the resistor to the metal case of the power the resistoronly see 5 watts total power draw.

A 200 watt or larger should enough . 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7