× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backup my stora

adrienpit
Initiate

Backup my stora

Hello, 

Following the announcement by @ChristineT  (https://community.netgear.com/t5/Stora-Legacy/ANNOUNCEMENT-Stora-cloud-service-will-end-effective-Ap...) I would like to bakcup my stora but i'm not premium.

How can i do please ?

And why did you say : "This means that you will no longer be able to access data on your Stora device after April 1, 2020." ? 

In my private network, there will be no change. What will be the changes in practice? I'm not sure I understand.

Thank you.

Regards

Model: MS2110|Media Server|EOL
Message 1 of 6
soichir0
Tutor

Rif.: Backup my stora

Hi, I have the same problem.

How can I recover my date. I'm not a premium user and I can't be anymore!!!

Any clues?

Message 2 of 6
hermenr
Aspirant

Did you manage to make a backup? Hope so. I experience exactly the same. I completely missed EOL messages. I unpacked my Stora after a few months (moved to different house) and wanted to work on my pictures that were stored on the drive. Now I can't access it anymore and all my pictures from the past are on it. I can access the GUI but I can't load the content of the disk. Also I can't access it anymore via my Macbook. Hope you have found an answer that might also help me out. Thanks!

Model: MS2000|Media Server|EOL
Message 3 of 6
adrienpit
Initiate

Hello, you can access with the local ip address.

On your Mac, in the finder, CMK+K, and smb://192.160.0.30 for example.

Message 4 of 6
hermenr
Aspirant

Thanks. I managed to access the main menu of the stora via local IP.

The files would not load and could not access the folders, so first I made sure that ftp setting was set so external ftp is allowed. Then I used ftp with username and passw to access the contents of the Stora drive. 

Model: MS2000|Media Server|EOL
Message 5 of 6
soichir0
Tutor

I bought (89€) a third party software (ZAR - X).

I took one of my HDs and connected it directly to the MB of my pc.

Then I run the recovery process.

All the files (350gb) seems to be recovered, I had just to rename some directory here move some files there in order to rebuild the exact file tree.

I am very disappointed in netgear behaviour, they said they can't do nothing.

I'll never buy nothing again from them.

😞

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7