× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot get new drive for Slot 2 to mirror or configure

LovesgirlMac
Aspirant

Cannot get new drive for Slot 2 to mirror or configure

I use an iMac and have a NetStora MS2110 enclosure. Drive 1 in Slot 1 is great.  My Disk 2 died. So I bought a new disk:  Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB which is the same exact drive as the working disk in Disk 1 slot.  If I have the drive running and can access Slot 1, if I put in the new drive in Slot 2, the green light flashes like for days.  that drive does not come up in my Disk Management online. It only says "there will be no media storage until you complete the configuration".  

I've tried removing good drive from Slot 1, put new drive in slot 1, same flashing green. I cannot get the disk 2 to mirror disk 1 or let me configure it. I do not have a PC to format or erase partitions, etc.  I have read tons of info in this forum but can't get anything I've tried to work. Can someone help me?  The info on my good drive in Slot 1 is VERY important for my business and I must get a mirror copy of it for protection.

Model: MS2110|Media Server|EOL
Message 1 of 2
LovesgirlMac
Aspirant

Re: Cannot get new drive for Slot 2 to mirror or configure

original drive, good drive in slot 1:

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 . 1TB

ST31000528AS

P/N: 9SL 154-302

Firmware: CC38

Date Code: 10262

the drive I am trying to use for Slot 2 is exactly the same except serial number is: 9VP6RT3G, and date code: 10414

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7