× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Change in drive mapping

PEAKNAZE
Aspirant

Change in drive mapping

I have just installed  anew Win7 computer

This connects OK but unfortunately the automatic drive mapping is no longer the same

ie Family Library was Z and is now Y

This has made all the links in the ITunes library wrong and I can no longer access the files directly from ITunes.

Is there any way I can reset the automatic mapping to what it was?

Message 1 of 6
Southkil
Aspirant

Hi,

just delete the mappings that you have and redo them manually yourself. It's very easy. 

🙂

Message 2 of 6
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi PEAKNAZE,

Please follow this link for instructions to change, add, or remove a drive on Windows 7
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-add-remove-drive-letter#1TC=windows-7

1. Start button, click Control Panel, click System and Security, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.
2. In the left pane, click Disk Management.
3. Right-click the drive that you want to change, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths
4.     To assign a drive letter if one has not already been assigned, click Add, click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.
        To change a drive letter, click Change, click Assign the following drive letter, click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.
        To remove a drive letter, click Remove, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to remove it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

NhanN

Message 3 of 6
PEAKNAZE
Aspirant

Thank you for the advice.

Unfortunately using Disk Manager does not allow you to change network drives!

I tried unmapping and then allocating the drive letters I wanted, initially OK.

When I logged on again Stora Agent then remapped the drives again!!

Clipboard01.jpg

I had tried this previously.

Just wondered if there is a registry entry for the Stora Agent that sets the drive letters.

Not a great problem as I could delete all the entries in ITunes and reenter but this would take a long timeSmiley Sad

Chris

Message 4 of 6
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi PEAKNAZE,

The following thread discusses a possible solution to mapping your drives:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Stora-Legacy/map-network-drive/td-p/304412

Let us know how it works for you.

Regards,

NhanN

Message 5 of 6
PEAKNAZE
Aspirant

Thank you for the replies.

Tried everything but as I said before the Stora Agent then duplicates the drives.

Have set the mappings in windows and will then delete the mappings the SA creates.

Was a bit concerned that this would stop the Desktop Mirror from working but not so.

Just mystified why Win 7 does not create them in the same logical order as Vista, ie Family Library 1st to Z?

However will leave as is for time being.

Thanks for suggestions.

Chris

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7