× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting Stora to TV through a Network Media Player

alermto
Follower

Connecting Stora to TV through a Network Media Player

Hi everybody, I often read this forum and I find it very useful and friendly.

I explain what I'm trying to do: I have got a LED TV with a HDMI input connection which I'd connect to a Network Media Player, just like the Netgear NeoTV 350, which then would be connected to the Stora via ethernet.

It is not a really serious system I'm trying to obtain: I just need the Media Player to correctly see the Stora and manage his multimedia files through the network in order to play them on TV. What I actually need are only a HDMI output and a network interface working with Stora. I saw something like Storex Slimbox (http://www.storex.fr/produits/STOREX-SlimBox.html), which is really cheap. Its specs don't mention smb at all, and only talk about UPnP. Would that be ok? I'm looking for the cheapest solution meanwhile also the closest to my needs 😉

I thank you in advanced!

Alessandro
Message 1 of 6
ossienet
Aspirant

Re: Connecting Stora to TV through a Network Media Player

Is your TV network-capable? If so, then you don't even need the media player. You can just connect the TV and Stora to the same router via ethernet and away you go.
Message 2 of 6
Southkil
Aspirant

Hi,

a 2nd hand xbox 360 would play video/show pics and audio.

🙂
Message 3 of 6
hoppo1
Tutor

Or 2nd hand PS3. you get blu-ray then as well.. 😉
Message 4 of 6
yogayogi
Aspirant

Message 5 of 6
robyb
Aspirant

And yes, I believe the device you mention would be compatible as it supports UPnP, although it's not DLNA certified as some of the other devices mentioned in the thread linked by yogayogi.

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7