× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Continual flashing Blue light.

Tariq
Aspirant

Continual flashing Blue light.

Hello All,

I hope someone can advise me, I am new to the stora, it had been working fine since I bought and installed it. But come Sunday morning the blue light started flashing and no matter what I try I cannot reset the device, I cannot access the stora via a browser either.

Thanks in advance.
Tariq
Message 1 of 21
ColonelSanders
Aspirant

Tariq wrote:
Hello All,

I hope someone can advise me, I am new to the stora, it had been working fine since I bought and installed it. But come Sunday morning the blue light started flashing and no matter what I try I cannot reset the device, I cannot access the stora via a browser either.

Thanks in advance.
Tariq

Exactly what happened to mine as well and it was Sunday morning just gone
Message 2 of 21
Southkil
Aspirant

Hi guys,

Looks like your having the same problem as a few others. Do a reflash and that should sort it.

It works for me.

🙂
Message 3 of 21
ColonelSanders
Aspirant

I read the reflash procedure, doesnt say whether a drive should be in or not?
Message 4 of 21
Southkil
Aspirant

Leave it in, it'll be fine. As long as you use the same stora, user name and password.

You need the drive in to download the fresh copy of the firmware.

🙂
Message 5 of 21
Tariq
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice, I did a reflash, late Tuesday night and managed to sort this out.

I have checked the hardware compatibility list but I was hoping that some smart chap or chappess may have found away to move past the 2Terabyte hard disc limit. Has someone managed to do that?

Kind regards
Tariq
Message 6 of 21
Southkil
Aspirant

this hopefully should be sorted in the next couple of updates.

🙂
Message 7 of 21
Tariq
Aspirant

Thanks.

But can push my luck here. I have bought a second Stora, however having performed the reflash, I cannot seem to register it.

yet again, can someone offer me advice?

Regards
Tariq
Message 8 of 21
Southkil
Aspirant

Two storas on one network or a replacement stora? If teo storas on one netwrk, go to the sticky o. Renamin your storas o this forum. :)
Message 9 of 21
ColonelSanders
Aspirant

I have tried all three options and no matter what i do, i still have the blue flashing light, when doing the hard reset, it will do two cycles with the HDD lights and the third will stay flashing along with the blue led

Any ideas anyone?
Message 10 of 21
ColonelSanders
Aspirant

does no one here have any other ideas....if not what is the support email
Regards
Message 11 of 21
Southkil
Aspirant

On the reflash procedure, what staus on the lights do you get? HDD installed? network cable attached?
Message 12 of 21
ColonelSanders
Aspirant

Southkil wrote:
On the reflash procedure, what staus on the lights do you get? HDD installed? network cable attached?

Hi southkil.... i cant get the procedure to start at all. I have timed exactly 15sec then pushed and held the reset button for a long time, but nothing ever happens, i have tried it with no drives, and also one drive on alternate sides as well. Yes there is a network cable attached.

I have tried at least 50 times but cant get it started. Is my timing all out or something else

Regards
Message 13 of 21
Pioneer007
Aspirant

I have a new Stora (lasted a week and was fully up to date on firmware) that wouldnt reset using the reflash procedure, Blue light contunues flashing.
Some units wont recover no matter what you do. Corrupted firmware.

My old Stora (2 years old) I had sent in under a warranty claim for the same thing and received a new chassis. The other day my old/new chassis woke up and was doing the blue flash as well. I did the reflash reset procedure. Trust me timing of the reset button is critical but it reset and shortly after reflashed. The brand new Stora, no way! no resetting that one.

I wont be sending the new one in or filing a warranty claim as my experience with Netgear was horrible, I'd wager I invested 3 hours phone time just getting an RMA. I'm done with this cheese box called Stora! My new/old Stora has been stable for some time now and now uses the Hdd from the new one set JOBD's.

Moral of this Story, some corrupt its firmware, blue light flashes forever, reset procedue will not fix these, on others the reset procedure works, I'v experience both scenarios.
Good luck!
Message 14 of 21
bugg
Aspirant

I have the same thing.
why is it so flaky? how can i trust it for backups/?
Message 15 of 21
ColonelSanders
Aspirant

i am in the procedure with support at the moment, mine wouldnt let it be reflashed and i had the flashing blue light as well, i will let you know the outcome...once sorted i am going to sell it...cant trust my 1000+ family pivs and cant trust the usb backup either
Message 16 of 21
Pioneer007
Aspirant

bugg wrote:
I have the same thing.
why is it so flaky? how can i trust it for backups/?

Why? There is information on forum called "openstora" website as to why, Basically a stora/linux hack site using custom firmware for Stora.

Trust it? I do, but shouldnt, the concept of stora is intrigueing, but i think there are better ways for dependable backup. Maybe make an older computer into a server.
Message 17 of 21
bugg
Aspirant

I don't want an older computer into a server due to space, electricity, etc
Simply stora should be as dependable as an appliance. It isn't a computer, apart from adding users nothing in it can change.
Hell, I even let it turn off every night and back on in the morning.
Message 18 of 21
Pioneer007
Aspirant

bugg wrote:
I don't want an older computer into a server due to space, electricity, etc
Simply stora should be as dependable as an appliance. It isn't a computer, apart from adding users nothing in it can change.
Hell, I even let it turn off every night and back on in the morning.

Dependable? Really!
Nothing can change?.. Have you read this thread and dozens like it?
You can turn yours off at night.........So!
A server uses to much tricity, They shut off too, personal choice.

If your here to defend Stora, spare us! Spare me! My rsponse in this thread was to save many the pain of believing it will recover, or can recover.
I have a new stora with the blueflash, it wont reset, its a brick! yes I know the procedure!

Of those that repost that they got stora to finally to flash recover after fifty attempts, they were not doing the reset procedure correctly from the start.
Message 19 of 21
bugg
Aspirant

dude, do you know how to read English?
Message 20 of 21
ColonelSanders
Aspirant

just to let everyone know, netgear are replacing my stora...thanks for all your time and effort

Regards

Matt
Message 21 of 21
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7