× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Correct way to transfer RAID1 HDDs from old Stora to new?

boma23
Aspirant

Correct way to transfer RAID1 HDDs from old Stora to new?

Hi,

Lightning blew up a customer's Stora. Both HDDs are fine though (have been read using Linux distro).

They've bought an identical Stora unit to transfer the od drives to. I'm unwilling to put the new drives into it though, before I know the correct process.

The initial setup has not been run, would I be best to run this with another HDD installed, before then swapping the old drives in, or is there a tried and tested method?

Many Thanks,

Dom
Message 1 of 4
boma23
Aspirant

Put another way, if a Stora is up and working, would I be able to remove any existing drives, and replace with a matched pair of RAID1 drives from another identical Stora and still be able to read them?
Message 2 of 4
ColonelSanders
Aspirant

i just got a new one as well and used my existing drives, i started the setup with only one drive in, then once finished setup, i checked all my files were there, then i powered down inserted the 2nd disk and restarted. Go into Preferences and it should have found the new driver, mark it as raid 1 and watch the raid 1 goodness rebuild

Regards

Matt
Message 3 of 4
boma23
Aspirant

brilliant, so the initial setup definitely didn't overwrite existing data?

that's saved me hours of 30MB transfers...

thanks
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7