× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DLNA Files not visible on network devices

Johnollies
Aspirant

DLNA Files not visible on network devices

I am unable to see my DLNA files in Family folder.

This is the same for my network TV and through apps such as PowerDVD on my PC. I can see the folders I created but the files are not visible.

The contents are visible if I directly map the drive and are also visible via mystora.com and hipserve.

Is there a share setting or some configuration I need to change?

Message 1 of 6
Southkil
Aspirant

Re: DLNA Files not visible on network devices

Hi,

Via the web GUI, hover over the folder you want to see and click on the little arrow that appears. Then select 'Enable DMA sharing'. Wait a while, depending on ho much data/files you have in the folder and then you shoul see the content on your TV.

🙂
Message 2 of 6
Johnollies
Aspirant

Hi Southkil
Thanks fixed it, I've looked at DMA sharing previously and what threw me was that all folders were shown as sharing, the files were originally visible but had disappeared.
Knowing that this is the problem, I un-shared all folders and then re-shared and this seems to have fixed the issue.
Message 3 of 6
Southkil
Aspirant

Good news!

🙂
Message 4 of 6
HaYTo
Aspirant

Johnollies wrote:
Hi Southkil
Thanks fixed it, I've looked at DMA sharing previously and what threw me was that all folders were shown as sharing, the files were originally visible but had disappeared.
Knowing that this is the problem, I un-shared all folders and then re-shared and this seems to have fixed the issue.

Thanks for the answer
You can download torrent files?
Message 5 of 6
Southkil
Aspirant

Download torrent files? From your stora? I would assume you can download any file on the stora.

🙂
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7