× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Dead Stora?

hazlitt
Follower

Dead Stora?

Hi chaps!
My stora has locked me out. I've tried every password I can. Help!

I originally had the flashing blue light problem and followed the setup procedure as described in the flashing blue light thread ...
http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=55225

The Stora agent software and the Smart Folder Shortcut tell me they are "unable to navigate to my Stora (Host unreachable error 3)".

My network settings can pick up the Stora, but when I try to connect to it - it rejects every password & name combination I type.

I'm happy to lose all data on the Stora and get the Stora back to factory settings. I've tried to do the factory reset with the reset button held for six cycles . I've tried to use the original install CD to Reset my Stora, but it cannot find the Stora. I think I'm now left with a black-box good only for a door stop!

Im not sure what to do next? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris
Message 1 of 2
robyb
Aspirant

Re: Dead Stora?

hazlitt wrote:
Hi chaps!
My stora has locked me out. I've tried every password I can. Help!

I originally had the flashing blue light problem and followed the setup procedure as described in the flashing blue light thread ...
http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=55225

The Stora agent software and the Smart Folder Shortcut tell me they are "unable to navigate to my Stora (Host unreachable error 3)".

My network settings can pick up the Stora, but when I try to connect to it - it rejects every password & name combination I type.

I'm happy to lose all data on the Stora and get the Stora back to factory settings. I've tried to do the factory reset with the reset button held for six cycles . I've tried to use the original install CD to Reset my Stora, but it cannot find the Stora. I think I'm now left with a black-box good only for a door stop!

Im not sure what to do next? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

Lets start at the beginning. Login to your router and check if it's assigning your Stora an ip.

Do you recall performing updates in the past? What version did you have? You can also e-mail your Stora name to support@axentra.com, I can verify the version so we know if you can re-flash or not.

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7