× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disk status: Inactive

yaro137
Aspirant

Disk status: Inactive

After hard resetting my Stora I managed to get the data of the drives but now when I try to set them to RAID1 again nothing happens and the status keeps saying "Inactive". I tried restarting it but even then bot the lights are orange and I'm unable to configure the disk array again.
Message 1 of 5
yaro137
Aspirant

Re: Disk status: Inactive

Oh well. Not much help here. I'll try formatting the drives under windows and see what happens then.
Message 2 of 5
Southkil
Aspirant

If you are still getting orange lights, do a reflash of your stora. Leave one drive in and keep the other out. Wait until you can see all of your data on the one drive, power down and insert the second drive in slot 2. Power it back up and then reset your raid. It should inform you that data in already on the 2nd drive and that it need reformatting. I think it will format the 2nd drive and then build the array.

🙂
Message 3 of 5
yaro137
Aspirant

When I have both of them in I can go to \\stora and type in the username and password I can see the default folders but as soon I try opening any of them I an error saying t cannot communicate with the device hence I'm reformatting. I'll try what you suggest. Thanks
Message 4 of 5
truthmatters
Aspirant

Southkil wrote:
If you are still getting orange lights, do a reflash of your stora. Leave one drive in and keep the other out. Wait until you can see all of your data on the one drive, power down and insert the second drive in slot 2. Power it back up and then reset your raid. It should inform you that data in already on the 2nd drive and that it need reformatting. I think it will format the 2nd drive and then build the array.

🙂

I have had to replace a drive and although I have configured the new drive Stora sees the "old" drive and says I need to reformat and warns I will lose all the data. I understood that replacing a hard drive the data would "automatically" copy across to the new one. Understandably I am reluctant to reformat the old disk containing all my data. I have taken out the new disk and checked the old disk works on its own, it does, so what am I missing?
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7