× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Does Stora Recovery Still Work?

sdnick484
Guide

Does Stora Recovery Still Work?

I recently attempted to boot my Stora for the first time in several months and found it's now flashing a blue light and has two solid orange lights.  I previously was able to log in via ssh however that doesn't appear to be functioning (although an SSH daemon is definitely still up).  Additionally some sort of web server daemon seems listening however it doesn't fully serve a page.  

After some quick googling, I found the recovery instructions (i.e. press the reset button after 15s...).  I've tried that procedure twice and it doesn't seem to work.  Both times, I eventually get to a state where the blinking blue light stops and the lights that are usually solid orange are solid green.  Nothing seems to be happening at that point so I reboot and the previous behavior (blinking blue light, two solid orange) seems to recur.  Reading through these forums, it sounds like mystora (which I never used) is formally dead, but I was wondering if it's possible to do some sort of local flash.

I'm not too concerned about recovering the data (the drives in there were just in JBOD and I run Linux so file system compatibility is a non-issue) however I'm hoping I can recover the stora itself  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Model: MS2110|Media Server|EOL
Message 1 of 2
rsinj
Guide

Re: Does Stora Recovery Still Work?

There was a self-diagnostic and repair tool on the hipserv.com website, but it's apparently been taken down.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Stora-Legacy/Stora-Self-Diagnostic-and-Repair-Tool/td-p/362936

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7