× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Flashing blue light

Jay67A
Novice

I'm starting to feel the same with Stora. It might work for some days. But after a while there seems to be always some issues with connection to the Stora while it is blinking the lights. This should be a reliable backup product. Not something you need to worry and debug every week. A while ago my Mac Timemachine backups suddenly just stopped working and I could not access any of my backups created during previous. What if I had needed something from the backups? Then I started using desktop mirror. Worked for some weeks, and now it cannot access the stora anymore. 😞
Message 26 of 33
fandecine
Aspirant

I am getting the same problem. Pushing the reset button for a minute doesn't change anything. If I get a new box and put my 2 HDD, will I be able to get my data back?

Thx.

LD
Message 27 of 33
SirLonewolf
Aspirant

Re: Flashing blue light Can't get any reset to work!

FedupwithSTORA wrote:
Tried for over 3 hours to get my STora to reset ...... the only change in lights I get is all three flashing together endlessly! not very helpfull. Only option is to return the black paperweight to the retailer for a refund.... I am not spending loads of time every few months going through support forums late in to the morning to try resetting things that should by their nature be more robustly made and with better software / easier to load etc. A very poor product that certainly puts me off buying Netgear stuff again.....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I feel exactly the same way...

It's been a long time now since i asked if I could get to the data on the HDD, but have not got an answer yet.

Because of a very bad product it looks like I will lose a lot of pictures and all of my online bought music not to mention a lot of other importen data :mad:
Message 28 of 33
jaysback
Novice

I have started a thread on trying to recover the data off the drive.
http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=58860
I have my fingers crossed that it may get a reply.

I can see the drive in Linux (Ubuntu) but its "unable to mount" as showing as array.
Guessing thats due to the fact that its a raid 1 set up.
Message 29 of 33
Hitokiri
Aspirant

May I ask if you guys have yours set with power-down? I experienced the situation where the power LED kept blinking and the HDD LED's went amber. I also did the hard reset and got it working and I configured it like I had the first time with power-down setting activated where it had the same on/off-times every 24 hour cycle. then a couple of days later the power LED started blinking again and the HDD LED's went amber again. I unplugged the device and bootede it up again and I was furtunate it bootede up like it should and I deactivated the power-down and hope it does the trick if not then i'm at wits end just like you guys.

Best of luck to us all.
Message 30 of 33
bugg
Aspirant

robyb wrote:
If you've rebooted your Stora without any harddrives and it still gives you a blue blinking light, please follow the recovery procedure:

Follow these steps:

• To put the device into recovery mode, power on the device, wait 15 seconds, then hold the reset button while bootup continues.
• The bootup process will take approximately 30 seconds and the blue LED will be blinking during that period.
• As soon as the recovery mechanism kicks in, the blue light turns off and HDDLED1 will turn orange. The reset button can be released at this point.
• Then the device will request a DHCP lease and try to get an IP
o If an IP is obtained, HDDLED2 will also turn orange for 1 second.
o If no IP is assigned the following pattern will be shown on the leds and the recovery mechanism will stop.
Power LED Off -> HDDLED1 and HDDLED2 will blink 3 times together -> All LEDs off
• Once network is up, the download and burn process will begin. During the download procedure the LED behaviour is:
Power LED Off -> HDDLED1 and HDDLED2 will turn on and off in turns
• The download and burn will take around 4-5 mins with a fast connection speed.
• Once the download and burn is done:
o If the burn is successful, all LEDs will turn on for 5 seconds and then the device will reboot normally
o If the burn fails the LED behaviour will stay as follows and the recovery mechanism will stop
Power LED On -> HDDLED1 and HDDLED2 will blink together

Then you can re-configure your device using the Setup CD, use the same product key, Stora name and create the same Stora accounts to recover your data.

Cheers,
Roby!

hold the reset button for 1min does nothing
the power button does nothing either
Message 31 of 33
ColonelSanders
Aspirant

jaysback wrote:
I have started a thread on trying to recover the data off the drive.
http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=58860
I have my fingers crossed that it may get a reply.

I can see the drive in Linux (Ubuntu) but its "unable to mount" as showing as array.
Guessing thats due to the fact that its a raid 1 set up.

try this http://www.openstora.com/wiki/index.php?title=Harddrive_Recovery
Message 32 of 33
Knut-E
Aspirant

Thank you Robyn for this instruction!

I have worked with mine blue-flashing stora for 3 days, and nights. Today I found your tips, and it works.  I must say the usermanual is poor, its 163 pages but did not manage to tell me how to reset!

Mystora is now running again thanks to Robyn, and with no data loss!

Message 33 of 33
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7