× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How can I access the data on the hard disk of my broken stora?

Tommy_alone
Follower

How can I access the data on the hard disk of my broken stora?

Hello,

After several years my Stora MS2110 cannot be started anymore. The power supply is ok. Is there any capability to read the 2 hard disk within another device?

Is there any possibility to access the data on thehard disk without the stora?

Thanks in advance for feedback and ideas,

Tommy

Model: MS2110|Media Server|EOL
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: How can I access the data on the hard disk of my broken stora?

You posted to the ReadyNAS area, not the Stora area.  I've moved your post to the correct subforum, hopefully someone there will respond.

Message 2 of 3
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Re: How can I access the data on the hard disk of my broken stora?

Hi,

They are XFS formatted. You can just pull one of them if they was on RAID1 configuration, attach it inside your PC or in USB enclosure, download some Linux LiveCD (Ubuntu, Fedora, PartedMagic), mount inside LiveCD your computer Drive (C: D:) and move/copy files. Same is valid if you used them as JBOD drives. If you used them in RAID0 configuration situation will be complicated as you will need to pull both drives, attach it to PC, boot from Live media and inside live media you will need probably to import Linux mdadm raid config from drives and mount resulting device. Mounting only one drive from RAID0 setup PROBABLY WILL BREAK YOUR DATA!

There is a pretty much howtos for mdadm RAID in Internet, but feel free if you have  any problems.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7