× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to log in to a partially reset Stora

Steveg63
Aspirant

How to log in to a partially reset Stora

Well,  I missed the EOL message and forgot the password to my Stora which has all of my music files from the past 15 years or so on it that I use with my Sonos system. It's worked great for years requiring zero attention, but I got the urge to log in and see if there were any firmware updates - that's irony for ya!

I did what I have done in the past and initiate a reset and of course,  when I get to the reset pages and make the password change, the Stora can't reach mystora.com to actually change it.

So, my question is this.  If I somehow figure out the original PW, can I still use it to log in?  OR have I now put the Stora into some kind of limbo where the old PW has been wiped and it is expecting a new PW.  If so, is there a default I may be able to use?

Thanks people.

Model: MS2110|Media Server|EOL
Message 1 of 4
Steveg63
Aspirant

Re: How to log in to a partially reset Stora

I thought about a factory reset - I have the Product Key.  Won't it still need to talk to mystora.com though to complete?

Message 2 of 4
Steveg63
Aspirant

Ok,  well time is of the essence so I used Ubuntu to pull the files off. 

The procedure is here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Stora-Legacy/Recover-HDD-data-from-broken-Stora/m-p/1891653#M9964

Thank you and goodnight!

Message 3 of 4
Gitsov
Virtuoso

If you like your unit(s) as "offline" storage - don't throw it in the bin. On a first time I will try to bypass registration process and do some "offline actiovation". Maybe later will try to deploy vanilla Debian on flash and remove whole Hipserv dependencies.

But it will require time, probably alot of time...

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7