× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to recover data from broken stora

Frankem
Novice

How to recover data from broken stora

How do you recover data from the drives if the stora breaks? I am not talking about a disk crash but the stora itself, disks remain fine.

I think, but do not know, that they are linix, and you cannot just remove them and put them in a PC and access them with windows. But, if they are installed in a pc and you boot with linix, you should be able to access the drive?

anything else special to do. If they cannot be accessed with a pc some how outside the stora, then it is not a very good system for preserving data, you would need to buy a new stora and install the disk in it. not good.
Message 1 of 9
bileczek
Novice

Re: How to recover data from broken stora

Message 2 of 9
rafzulu
Aspirant

Hi I managed to mount stota in ubuntu but can read the folder with my data in it. I can only acces family folder
Message 3 of 9
rafzulu
Aspirant

It says 'you do not have permissions necessary to view the contents of 'foldername'
Message 4 of 9
mjhamilton
Aspirant

you will need to create a user with the same name to do this or use Linux to change the the folder and file to allow all users access

in my Unix days it was something like chmod 777 foldername/*
Message 5 of 9
aleung2
Novice

Hi everyone. I managed to follow the steps up to the bit where you find the sata drive. It says use GParted but I can't find that program anywhere. The Ubuntu user face seems very different to what I'm used it.

How can I can I find Gparted and get passed this stage?
Message 6 of 9
Yoji
Aspirant

rafzulu wrote:
It says 'you do not have permissions necessary to view the contents of 'foldername'

Think you need to elevate your authority.. I had same issue, but once I elevated my authority to "root" admin access. I was able to access all areas.

HTH
Cheers
Message 7 of 9
alex1355
Aspirant

Yoji can you tell me how you done "I elevated my authority to "root" admin access"? Big thanks!
Message 8 of 9
Yoji
Aspirant

alex1355 wrote:
Yoji can you tell me how you done "I elevated my authority to "root" admin access"? Big thanks!

In Linux you use the "SU" command (which means "Switch User" I think)

So "su root"

You need the root admin password - which you should know from the install.

Good luck.
Cheers
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7