× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Lost Password - what can I do?

flyingmogli
Aspirant

Lost Password - what can I do?

Hello,

I've lost the password for my Stora MS2000 and so I can't get the stored datas anymore.

What can I do?

Best regards,
Mo
Message 1 of 8
ossienet
Aspirant

Hard reset.
Reinstall Stora software with same userid and new password.
Message 2 of 8
flyingmogli
Aspirant

This I have already done.
I can connect the stora, can also open new users and already have used also the same user-name. So the stora works, but I can not see my datas which I have stored with the old (now unknown) password.
Message 3 of 8
rsinj
Guide

I think first thing to do is to log in to Stora as root (use telnetEnable for example), go under /home and browse around to be sure your files are still there. If yes, then we can try something else. If no, then there is nothing more to try.
Message 4 of 8
robyb
Aspirant

Use the provided password-reset tool on the Setup CD -> Reset Tools. It shows you the username list, you choose the one you want to reset and enter a new password. That simple!

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 5 of 8
flyingmogli
Aspirant

I made the Reset and also used the old username with a new password.

Now I can communicate with the STORA, I can see in the statistic that 1/3 of the HDDs are full (the old datas), I can also write on the HDDs, but I can't see my old datas that I've stored with the old (unknown) password.

The routine with the Reset and the new Password is only to get access to the hardware, but not to get access to the old data...but this is, what I'm searching for.

Every further help would be very nice! Thx from Austria.
Message 6 of 8
rsinj
Guide

I would root in to the Stora as mentioned before. Go under /home and locate your files. Then copy or move them under the admin id you have reset and execute chown/chgrp/chmod/etc on them if necessary to get them visible again.

Again, just what I would do.

Good luck.
Message 7 of 8
robyb
Aspirant

flyingmogli wrote:
I made the Reset and also used the old username with a new password.

Now I can communicate with the STORA, I can see in the statistic that 1/3 of the HDDs are full (the old datas), I can also write on the HDDs, but I can't see my old datas that I've stored with the old (unknown) password.

The routine with the Reset and the new Password is only to get access to the hardware, but not to get access to the old data...but this is, what I'm searching for.

Every further help would be very nice! Thx from Austria.

Then that means you've logged in to the wrong old user. Proceed with the password reset for every other existing user until you find the one containing your data.

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7