× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lost access via the browser

TerryJColes
Luminary

Lost access via the browser

I seem to have b******d up my Stora settings and can no longer log in to my Stora via the browser.

Here is what happened; my router (Belkin N600) failed and I had to substitute my ISP supplied Thomson router temporarily. There is a small problem with this, because I like my Stora to be on a fixed IP address, so I have it set a Fixed IP Address of 192.168.2.200 in the LAN settings. I had to do this, because the Belkin router doesn't allow me to permanently assign an IP address to the Stora through DHCP.

However, the Thomson does, so when the Belkin went down, I temporarily turned DHCP on and then set the IP address to 192.168.1.67 (what the Thomson router gave it) by fixing it in the router. Today, my replacement Belkin router arrived so before shutting down the Thomson I logged into the Stora and reset it's IP address to 192.168.2.200 in the LAN settings again. I then powered down the Stora.

When I restarted, everything worked except browsing to the Stora. I can ping it and see the folders through Windows shares (I don't use the Stora Agent, I'm on Linux). When I type 192.168.2.200 into the URI bar on any computer in the house, it redirects to mystora.com, which then tells me:

Your Stora is not currently accessible. This may be for several reasons:
• Remote Access is not enabled in Preferences
• Stora device is not powered on
• Stora device does not have access to the Internet

Any ideas on how I can get into the Stora to see what has happened?
Message 1 of 6
robyb
Aspirant

Re: Lost access via the browser

Reset your Stora, it will go back to DHCP and you can then login and set it back up.

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 2 of 6
TerryJColes
Luminary

robyb wrote:
Reset your Stora, it will go back to DHCP and you can then login and set it back up.
!

Does a reset lose my other settings?

Also, is a factory reset the same as resetting through the browser?
Message 3 of 6
robyb
Aspirant

TerryJColes wrote:
Does a reset lose my other settings?

Also, is a factory reset the same as resetting through the browser?

Settings, yes. Data, no!

You can't reset through a browser... Follow the sticky about hard reset and you'll be back up in no time.

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 4 of 6
dariop
Aspirant

hello, I have the same problem.
I already tried to restore using the tools but nothing happened.
I also restored with a tip on the back of the stora but no reset.

now, after prays...I found I still can access via FTP to all the folders (while on network I can see only "My family" insted of before viewing everything)

when I try to access by IP or web mystora, I got an error and the address on the browser is like "http://192.168.2.11/?local=1&LOCALAUTH=dT1kYXJpb3Bhc3RvJn.......=="

can you help me please??? :eek::eek::eek:
Message 5 of 6
dariop
Aspirant

hello I can access only via FTP....no web access...and on the lan I can access only to "my family" folders....

tried reset with tools and with a tip on the back of the stora.
can you help me? pleaseeeeee
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7