× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MS2000 not hard reseting

thefishman
Aspirant

Re: MS2000 not hard reseting

Hi
I have the same problem!
Could you please pm me the fix?

Message 151 of 259
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Check your PMs.

Message 152 of 259
cocottka
Aspirant

Hello, I bought it used today and now I see why was some1 getting rid of it. First thing I did was hard reset as I read in manual and now I am stuck. So I have find this thread. I want it only to work on my network and I don´t need remote access. Can you send me that script please as well ? And one question, am I right that only thing not working (not supported any longer) are remote servers so on my home network I can set it up?

Thank you very much!

Message 153 of 259
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Can you provide more details about current status of unit?

- You tried to hard reset it and it's now bricked/requiring recovery of firmware, because only "Power on" led is blinking endlessly?

or

-  You managed to reset unit to factory defaults, but it now requires activation and you do not know "unit name" detail?

About 1: I can send you recovery environment if you need it.

About 2: Ask previous owner to provide "Stora unit name" or contact Netgear support to drop product key registration.

More about scripts:

- They are intended for those who used PayPal link in my signature - because they donated and this is my "Thank you" to them. For others ... well I do not have reason to thank anyone for anything, and these scripts aren't vital for proper work of the unit, while firmware recovery is (that's why it's free).

-In both cases scripts won't help:

-- If you reflash firmware, registration information was gone during OS partition erase/flash cycle, so there are no files to be backed up and then restored. Scripts are expecting already activated/registered unit.

-- If your unit requires activation, that's meaning that files aren't there, and nothing can be backed up or restored, unless you backed up them before resetting or reflashing firmware.

You can try to activate your unit with registration details from any (already dead) unit, but this is a kind of piracy. I am not right person who will share them (at least I do not have dead unit).

If you need to recover firmware - let me know. If you need to release registration from your key, you will need probably to contact Netgear support.

Message 154 of 259
cocottka
Aspirant

Thanks for an answer. What I did was reset - after start hold reset button for 30s. So far i cannot find what my blinking LEDs mean. Ok so when I start it without reset button only blue power LED is blinking endlessly. When i hit reset button for 30s, not only power LED but all three LEDs (power and 2 discs) are blinking endlessly and simultaneously. I have original CD, I have product key. But software cannot see stora, not in Step 1 Setup Your Stora, not in Reset Tools. I tried to connect it via router and also right to my PC. It was a cheap buy, so maybe it is damaged. Then I found this thread and think, that looks like my situation. Is it ?

Message 155 of 259
Gitsov
Virtuoso

You kicked it in firmware recovery mode and unit is bricked.

If you need to put unit in recovery mode, from powered OFF state, unit should be powered on with power button and 30 seconds after power button is pressed, reset button should be pressed for 30 seconds. In that way kernel begin with OS partition reflash - formats /dev/mtd2, connects via router's DHCP to Internet and downloads needed files. Unfortunately Netgear decided to power off recovery server maybe somewhere in May or June 2017 and units which are put in recovery mode are left with empty OS (mtd2) partition.

Resetting to factory defaults are done with powered ON unit which is fully booted ( all LEDs are steady, or at least top "Power" LED is steady) and pressing reset button on back for roughly 20-30 second (HDD LEDs begin to blink in series of 3 or 4 blinks) after 6th cycle of that series, unit should be powered off and on (if it does not do it on it's own). I used caps letters to show difference.

Anyways, I have sent you PM with instructions. Keep in mind that you will need to register unit after recovery, so "unit name" will be required.

Message 156 of 259
Charlie333
Aspirant

Hi
I have the same problem!

Message 157 of 259
Gitsov
Virtuoso

You have PM with instructions.

Message 158 of 259
Charlie333
Aspirant

I managed to recover my Stora

Message 159 of 259
slavonu82
Aspirant

Hi
I have the same problem!

Message 160 of 259
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Check your PMs.

Message 161 of 259
slavonu82
Aspirant

I restored my store!

Message 162 of 259
Alexgood
Aspirant

Hello!
Faced the same problem ...
I would be very grateful if you share the link.

Message 163 of 259
webmaxkazan
Aspirant

Hi
I have the same problem!

Message 164 of 259
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Check your PMs

Message 165 of 259
Marko_Ramius88
Aspirant

Hi

I bought a used stora ms2000...

could you please give me the solution via PM?

I have the same problem: blinking blu light and nothing happens. If i try the procedure to reset this device it doesn't do anything 😞

If i try to hold reset button not waiting the 15 seconds the two hard disk leds start blinking aswell.

Thanks in advance!

Message 166 of 259
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Hello,

Check your PMs.

Message 167 of 259
Airo
Aspirant

I am also having issues can you share the solution with me?

Just got mine out of storage and wanted to see if it still works but giving me problems. 

Thanks.

Message 168 of 259
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Hello,

Check your PMs.

Message 169 of 259
Airo
Aspirant

Thank you. Worked perfectly.

Message 170 of 259
rav6n0us
Aspirant

Hi, I have the same problem with recovery, please help me?

Message 171 of 259
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Hello,

Sorry for delay. Check your PMs.

Message 172 of 259
utterchaos
Tutor

yep i too have tried to reflash firmware from recovery and now cannot access it,

any help wouod be amazing

Message 173 of 259
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Check your PMs.

Message 174 of 259
eberkenhof
Aspirant

Hi
I have run into the same problem