× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MS2000 not hard reseting

Gitsov
Virtuoso

Re: MS2000 not hard reseting

Hello,

I've sent you message. However update server is experiencing problems with mysql service and activation will fail on step 2 or 3. I am on it at the moment, but first will need to revive my home pc which is having problems either with PSU or Mainboard. I will post here in the forums when I have results.

Message 176 of 259
LS00
Aspirant

Hello, @Gitsov

I also have a problem with restoring my Stora. It was working for me for almost 6 years. But today I decided to reflash it because of power supply fail. And I cannot finish restoring procedure. I tried few times but every time I got mistake :

---------------------------------------------------------

Your Stora has encountered an error.

Help System

Error message: at /var/www/admin/update.pm line 346

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please, can you help me?

Thx in advance!
Lev

Message 177 of 259
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Hello,

I will make post here when I have stable working setup for that. Just check that thread for news.

Message 178 of 259
LS00
Aspirant

Hello! 

Today I had phone call  with Netgear Hotline, and they informed me that they do not have plans to continue running authorization servers for Stora. They are shut down and will not work in future.

So every owner of Stora potentially has a brick  :(.

I hope @Gitsov will find some solution. Nobody else will help us.

Lev

Message 179 of 259
Gitsov
Virtuoso

I am in the middle of modification of recovery. Probably in next 2-3 days there will be some news.

Message 180 of 259
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Sorry it will take a while. My secondary unit died yesterday and I will need to take another one.

Message 181 of 259
bee808
Aspirant

Could you please share that solution with me as well.

Thank you in advance.

Message 182 of 259
Gitsov
Virtuoso

PM sent. Please note that activation will FAIL unless update server is available. There is a pending change of firmware, but for that I need to get replacement motherboard for my second unit...

Message 183 of 259
zobrik
Aspirant

Betreff: MS2000 not hard reseting

I have the same problem too.

Could you please share that solution with me as well.

Thank you in advance.

Message 184 of 259
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Hello,

I have sent you PM with instructions for reflashning. Please note that activation in case of successfull firmware recovery will FAIL. It's not a problem of recovery itself, but with Netgear's update server. Probably in next 3-4 weeks, when I get replacement board for my secondary unit, I will release required change in firmware.

Message 185 of 259
bee808
Aspirant

Thanks, I'll wait. Without activation, Stora is useless.

Message 186 of 259
aku-aku
Aspirant

Please, could you share the reflashing instruction with me?

Thx.
Message 187 of 259
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Hello,

Check your PMs. Please note that online registration/activation will fail, because of broken update server. There is a forum topic for that , check it for solution, until I get replacement board for my testing unit.

Message 188 of 259
aku-aku
Aspirant

@Gitsov wrote:

There is a forum topic for that , check it for solution,

What topic do you actually mean?

Message 189 of 259
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Check post from JimFromCanada
Message 190 of 259
eberkenhof
Aspirant

Message 191 of 259
And1_11
Aspirant

Hello Gitsov!

I have the same problem too.

Please help the recovery instruction.

Thank you in advance.

Message 192 of 259
Gitsov
Virtuoso

@And1_11: I've sent you instructions how to recover firmware. Please note that registration/activation will FAIL, because update server is broken and unit is checking for updates on stage 2 or 3 during activation. Possible options:

A: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Stora-Legacy/Stora-Error-Message-on-Setup/m-p/1573623#M9413

B: Wait for arrival of spare motherboard for my testing unit and then I will do script for fixing firmware and/or fixed firmware. ETA is something like 2 weeks from now.

Message 193 of 259
elofty
Aspirant

Hello Gitsov,

Please could you send me your recovery script? 

Thanks

Matt

Message 194 of 259
Gitsov
Virtuoso

@elofty: Is it very urgent?

I am in the middle of modifying firmware to fix update troubles during initial setup... Maybe in next 5-6 days I will need to release modified firmware with last update pre-appllied and disabled update checks. If it is urgent you will need to fix manually update scipts to activate unit and they (probably) will be restored to it's original state when you apply update later....

Message 195 of 259
bee808
Aspirant

Great thanks. The solution with the modification of setup_update.pm helped. I passed the initial registration. Stora is now working.

I didn't need to update the firmware, because updated to the alternative firmware earlier.

Message 196 of 259
elofty
Aspirant

No Worries, Happy to wait 🙂

Thanks

Message 197 of 259
Gitsov
Virtuoso

VM with fixed firmware is ready. If anyone needs it - send me PM.
Message 198 of 259
utterchaos
Tutor

Pm sent thanks
Message 199 of 259
LS00
Aspirant

This fix helped me! I had some troubles with configuring VM Ethernet ( if you have Win 10 I recommend VMBox 5 ver), but at the end I found solution ( newer ver. of VMBox) and I managed reflash Stora and it work! Now I plan to prepare backup stick to be on the safe side.

Thank you Gitsov! Great job!

Message 200 of 259
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7