× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MS2000 ohne Flash Player

Struppi68
Follower

MS2000 ohne Flash Player

Hallo,

ich habe einen älteren MS2000 am laufen. Wie ist der Zugriff, Wartung etc. nach dem 12.01 ohne Flash Player möglich?

Gruß

Message 1 of 5
gandalf78
Tutor

Re: MS2000 ohne Flash Player

I Have the same issue, please someone let us know how to solve it.

Also an update of the software can help, i think.

Message 2 of 5
mcrs969
Luminary

Hello,

Netgear has sent some "out of support" communication informing that Stora would be unsupported and NETGEAR Servers will be off.

Also Adobe informed that FlashPlayer is unsupported, also Adobe has inserted an "autokill" in Flash Player packages to auto disable; all distributed updated most common browsers are currently not supporting FlashPlayer anymore.

If you, like me, use Stora in a isolated network for redundancy reasons and outside internet, you can use a solution made of this two workarounds:

- https://www.basilisk-browser.org/download.shtml download basilisk browser that currently still enables usage of flash player (as I am writing my version 2021.03.17 allows it)

- use flash player old version that does not have "autokill", so flashplayer_32.0.0.371 is fine but if your PC already has flashplayer you can wipe it using deinstall software and then find on the web the "flashplayer_32.0.0.371" version and install it.

I am really sad of what happened to Stora, it is a nice and little product that can suit the needs of whom needs something better than an external disk but does not need a complete NAS yet. Follow the advices (which are rather simple) and you can go back using stora with Flash but mind web security please and do it outside of internet.

0) make sure Stora won't have open access to internet, make sure you run a virtual PC to access stora used only for the scope and with no internet access

1) remove new versions of flash player with auto deinstall from flash

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

2) install a browser that could support flashplayer_32.0.0.371; i.e. Basilisk

- https://www.basilisk-browser.org/download.shtml

3) install flashplayer_32.0.0.371

4) reach your stora webpage and it will work 🙂

5) even if old and a bit "unsafe" stora is great 😉

Message 3 of 5
naskonp
Aspirant

Basiliks and Adobe Flash Player 32.0.0.371 works!

Message 4 of 5
d-lux
Aspirant

@mcrs969 

Thanks for this, finally a solution that is simple and works.

Now that the true flash killswitch is in windows, the old mmc.cfg workaround for me is no longer working.

I simply wanted to access my nas interface one last time before I shut it down for the last time.

Unfortunately, Netgear can't compete with the likes of Synology and QNAP (in this specific market) so I am going in that direction.

My stora has been tried and true for nearly 12 years.

Thanks for the good run Stora!

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7