× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: MS2110-100NAS unable to access files

Bevopuck
Aspirant

MS2110-100NAS unable to access files

My MS2110 network storage device will not allow access to any of the files on it.  I have looked through all the previous posts trying all the suggested solutions I could find but no luck.  I'm really hoping someone out there can help.  I understand this device has hit it's EOL; however, it holds all my families pictures on it and I do not want to loose them.

- I can use my old XP machine and log into it via the Stora application and I'm able to adjust the prefences.  If I click the albums or media library it just sits there loading but nothing happens.  It will not let me log in via my windows 10 machine though I have adjusted my machines settings as suggested in a previous post.

- Disk space does show 50GB of data exists.

- I can exlpore my libraries but once i click on any of them it tells me I don't have permissions.

- I have tried entering the product key and running the diagnostic and updater but it doesn't seem to do anything.

- I have tried to manually check for updates in the application under preferences and it does tell me there is an update available when I start the Stora applicatoin but I just get a failed to update message with either way I try to update it.

- I have tried the FTP suggestion using FileZilla client but it too gives me an error.  I'm not sure if I doing that correctly.

If anyone can offer another solution, my family would be very grateful.

Thank you,

J

Model: MS2110|Media Server|EOL
Message 1 of 13
TonyRob
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. Cannot access my files. MS2110...

Message 2 of 13
Bevopuck
Aspirant

Let's hope someone out there can help, maybe NETGEAR themselves...? I don't know about you, but my family photo files are worth paying to get access to.
Message 3 of 13
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, have you tried mapping the Stora as a network drive and see if you can gain access to it via the Windows Explorer?

Dexter

Message 4 of 13
TonyRob
Aspirant

Yes. I tried that. No luck.

Message 5 of 13
Bevopuck
Aspirant

I cannot use windows explorer through my XP or Windows 10 machines. Neither one seems to recognize the FamilyLibrary folder name though they show they exist excatly as I have typed them.
Message 6 of 13
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, if it is an option and you have all your Stora credentials (Stora Name, password, usernames and passwords for the accounts), a reset may help out.

Dexter

Message 7 of 13
Bevopuck
Aspirant

I have the credentials. How is a reset accomplished and will the data be at risk?
Message 8 of 13
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, the link below may help out.

https://kb.netgear.com/20608/How-to-Reset-the-Stora-to-Factory-Defaults

Dexter

Message 9 of 13
Stewart84
Aspirant

Same issue here, work a couple of weeks ago now nothing, been through all the forums and tried everything.  No success yet, need to get data off the drives, any idea anyone?

Message 10 of 13
Bevopuck
Aspirant

Did you try the last suggestion of resetting? I personally have not tried it as I've been so busy and not to mention I fear losing data. I sure would like to have access to all the pictures of my family again 😞
Message 11 of 13
Stewart84
Aspirant

Yes tried resetting on a few occassions, lets me setup again but then gives me admin error

@Bevopuck wrote:
Did you try the last suggestion of resetting? I personally have not tried it as I've been so busy and not to mention I fear losing data. I sure would like to have access to all the pictures of my family again 😞

Message 12 of 13
Bevopuck
Aspirant

Well, that's no help. You know, I have no problem paying NETGEAR to fix mine or get me access to my data so I can move it.
Message 13 of 13
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7