× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need expert help - Stora just crapped itself

ForeignerAUS
Aspirant

Need expert help - Stora just crapped itself

Hi all,

After years of working fine, my Stora suddenly stopped working. This is what happened, in order (please bear with me):

1. I can still see the Stora in Windows File Explorer under Network, but X: Y: and Z; have disappeared even though Stora Agent says I'm logged in. FamilyLibrary etc show up, but I can't access them (error message was: folder not accessible, please check name, or something similar).

2. I log out of Stora Agent, and then log back in. It logs in OK but I get the error: unable to get a list of folders shared by Stora on the network (or similar).

3. I try the diagnostic procedure - no help.

4. I try hard reset - no help.

5. I decide to reflash. All goes well, lights are doing what they are meant to. I get alternating orange lights on disk 1 and 2, which I believe means that the firmware is downloading. I then get the blue light back on and disk 1 and 2 flashing orange at the same time, which I belive means that the burn failed.

6. I try the reflash again, without the disk in this time, as some forums suggest the disk needs to be out, but again it fails.

7. I try turning it on normally, just to see where I am now. I now have the disk starting up ok (it is a solid green light) but it cannot connect to the router. I'm getting the blue light flashing really quickly, perhaps 6 times in a second, then going off for a second, then repeat. I try connecting with Stora Agent and mystora.com, but both fail, perhaps not unexpectedly.

8. Now the strange thing is, I go into my router settings, and I can see the Stora on my client list. I try changing the static IP - no help. I try getting a DHCP assigned IP - no help. Obviously I update the port forwarding when I do this.

9. I try another hard reset. Now it won't reset either.

I fear I may have lost access to all my files, and that my Stora will now become a door stop (which it will anyway, even if I recover my files - I'll switch to a modern alternative like AiCloud on my router).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
zcobra
Star

Your Stora was probably fine..... HipServ's webbased service isn't.   On or about 4/29/2017...We all lost remote connections to our Storas.  While we have discussed it in the forum elsewhere, not sure what the manufacturers are doing about it...Nor did we get notice of termination of service.   Netgear is one of many manufactures that licensed the HipServ software from Axentra....

Stop working on your Stora to try to fix it because, without the server working...It's limited to what you can do.  Perhaps you can try to contact NetGear and let them know of your concerns  (as well as all of ours).

Message 2 of 6
ForeignerAUS
Aspirant

I see. Perhaps this is why the firmware download failed as well. Anyway, now that I am where I am, does anyone know what six quick flashes of the blue power light followed by a one second gap, then repeat, means?
Message 3 of 6
Crowbgd
Tutor

I also stuck with the NETGEAR Stora and flashing. Stora can not be flashed because he can not pull the firmware

Message 4 of 6
Crowbgd
Tutor

Message 5 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The mystora.com server is back up and running.

Please confirm that it's now working for you.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7