× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Stora MS2110 Recovery

CB1100R
Aspirant

Netgear Stora MS2110 Recovery

Hi, I only used my Stora for offline storage for photo's and Videos but since buying a new Win 10 computer I'm not able to access it?

I tried downloading the Stora software and now get a message "error reading setup initialisation file"

This device has all my wedding photos,videos and lots of irreplaceable stuff.

Sureley I'm not alon needing to access stuf from the MS2110? Can it still be used just for offline/remote file storage..?

Hoping there is a solution..

Regards..  Glenn
PS - I may have posted this in the wirong forum section already so apolgies if I have..  😞

Model: MS2110|Media Server|EOL
Message 1 of 4
CB1100R
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Stora MS2110 Recovery

Is there any one who might help me with this..?

Message 2 of 4
Sanfrid
Aspirant

Hi,
No problem to make Stora to work with Windows 10. The tree volumes x,y,z will be seen in the network map in Explorer or any other filehandler. To log in use the program "Stora agent" included in software on CD, "StoraDesktopApplications-2.5.exe". 
If you need to configure the Stora settings using a webbrowser it is not possible any longer in Win10 due to Flash is cleaned and obsolete.
You can use an older computer, I use a laptop with WinXP and the browser Maxthon still using Flash if I need to change Stora settings.
Good luck

@CB1100R wrote:

Is there any one who might help me with this..?

Message 3 of 4
Sanfrid
Aspirant

Hi,

To make Stora work with Windows 10 you need to add support for SMB 1.0/CIFS-file sharing.

Mark in  Windows-functions.

View picture appened "Stora_network_SMB-CIFS"

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7