× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Stora and Samsung led tv

LeonvGeel
Aspirant

Netgear Stora and Samsung led tv

Hello,

Last week i bougth a Netgear Stora NAS server and for 99% he do for what i buy him. Only streaming to my Samsung tv give a problem.

When i want look for media he show me only 1 folder with pictures. Video, Music and rest of the shared pictures he not show.

He see the NAS, but when i want open media he show me: No media saved on ..... For the rest he work great. with app i see the nas everywhere and i can do all.

I think some setting is wrong but i do not know which, who can help me?

i allready reflash my Nas but this not helped.

with kind regarts,

Leon

Message 1 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @LeonvGeel,

1. Are there other devices that are able to access all the files in the Stora?

2. What is the model number of the Samsung TV?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 12
LeonvGeel
Aspirant

ello Dexter,
With laptop is see all media files. Even with hipserv app i see all. Also all over the world.
Now i can see all pictures suddenly, why? I do not know.
My television is a Samsung 3d led tv UE40F6400
With kind regarts
Leon van Geel
Message 3 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @LeonvGeel,

Is everything working now?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 12
LeonvGeel
Aspirant

Hello Dexter,

I am sorry, still the same problem

When i look by tv on the NAS i can vieuw all pictures but when i want listen music or watch a movie, i get a error: no files saved....etc.

Whit laptop i can send movie from nas to television and watch him, music the same. But directly play from nas is not possible and i do not know what to do anymore.

Like now i sit with tablet and with hipserv i can reach all files and watch movie.

I know sometimes machines make people crazy, i think i have one. Hahaha

With kind regarts,

Leon van Geel

Message 5 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @LeonvGeel,

1. What are the file types (.mkv, .avi) of the media that you are trying to stream?

2. You may check on the user manual or with Samsung to make sure that the media files that you are trying to play are supported.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 6 of 12
LeonvGeel
Aspirant

I tried all kind of extensions. All of them work, when i send them with lqptop or usb. I wait now for answer from Samsung, maybe they know what is going on.
Greetings,
Leon
Message 7 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @LeonvGeel,

Please keep us posted on the result.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 8 of 12
LeonvGeel
Aspirant

Now technical from Samsung look with me. Put on/ off DMA. Settings for upnp. Etc.
When i have news, i let you know.
Greetings
Leon van Geel
Message 9 of 12
LeonvGeel
Aspirant

Hello, i promissed you to let you,know if something changed. Samsung do not know what is going on. But i find out that the Stora sometimes react strange. When i look in Linux mint i see by network Stora and Stora2. Both of them show the same maps only sometimes he show me the maps not in Dutch but in English and in this maps i see the files whatmi also can see on TV. And when i put today pictures or other media on the Stora i can seeethis on TV but when the Stora go " sleep" and when i awake him i can' t see the media anymore. I think that i need other firmware or there is something good wrong. Also whit the app on my telephone ( hipserve) i sometimes get the message: Server is offline. And i know for sure that he works normally. I really do not know what is going on with the stora. At this moment i only use him for back up my files and if i want see movie or listen music in take a memory stick, pictures i look on laptop. Do you maybe know what i cän do?
With kind regarts,
Leon van Geel
Message 10 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @LeonvGeel,

A firmware reflash is pretty much the last option if the Stora is already running the latest version. What is the firmware version by the way?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 11 of 12
LeonvGeel
Aspirant

Hello Dexter, 

the firmware what i have is:

2.6.1:2.0.0.433:1.2.329

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats