× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Stora

Dkirker
Follower

Netgear Stora

Hi I am having problems with scanning to my Stora. I can scan to everywhere else on my Network just not the STORA. I have been checking for an update which there appears to be one but it wont download. I can log into the stora through the newtork and have it mapped as a network location butjust cant scan to it. any suggestions.

Model: MS2110|Media Server|EOL
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Netgear Stora

I am moving this to the Stora forum (you posted to ReadyNAS) - hopefully someone there will respond.

On the firmware upgrade, it would be helpful if you could tell us what firmware you are currently running. 

If your stora uses a static ip address, it is possible that it isn't configured quite right - that would block it's connection to the internet.  For instance, a missing DNS server, or an incorrect subnet mask or gateway.  There should be a way to manually install the update, and that might be needed.

Not showing up in the Windows Network discovery is a pretty common problem for ReadyNAS too, and there really isn't a solid solution.  Windows is shifting to a newer discovery service, but your Stora has been end-of-life for long time now, so new features aren't being added.  There are some work-arounds though

• create a desktop shortcut that points to a share on the stora
  • use the "add a network location" feature in Windows.  The share(s) will appear under the drive letters.
  • map a network share to a drive letter persistently.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7