× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Product Key problem

neneromanovagir
Aspirant

New Product Key problem

I recently sold my MS2000 Stora on eBay. they set it up but to set it up they need a new product key. I went onto live chat with netgear but they said neither I, nor my husband are the registered owners. Yes we are, we bought it from new but as it was 3yrs+ ago we don't have proof of purchase. She has taken our details and the new owners details and said they'll get back to me in 24 hrs, 29hrs later and I'm still waiting.

Does anyone know how to sort this and get a new product key as the buyer has opened a case against me and I want to get this sorted.
Message 1 of 10
janvaane
Aspirant

Re: New Product Key problem

th product key is on the bottom of the Stora
When you sell your Stora, you need to tell the new owner the name of the Stora, the user (admin ) and th password in order to use or reset the device.
Message 2 of 10
Hsmohr
Aspirant

Where do you find product key
Message 3 of 10
genek500
Aspirant

Hello

I bought a used MS2110.
Seller does not remember STORA NAME because he used it a couple of years.
I wrote to the support of a request for a new product key from three days ago.
But the zero response.

Is there another idea to circumvent the subject?

Message 4 of 10
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Hsmohr,

You can find the product key on the CD sleeve of the Installation disk and on the sticker at the bottom of the Stora. You may also refer to the link below for more information.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20920

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 5 of 10
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @genek500,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 6 of 10
Dabster
Aspirant

My brother gave me an used Stora. He gave me the CD and I have the Product Key. I´ve done a factory reset but I cant register it with the "Stora" name that my brother used when I run the setup program. How should I proceed to get a new product key? 

Message 7 of 10
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Dabster,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 8 of 10
clawing_ocelot
Aspirant

Can't register my Stora after factory reset too. Trying my Product Key and previous Stora Name gets me error. Any help?

Message 9 of 10
marc8865
Aspirant

Re : New Product Key problem

Bonjour

J'ai récemment acheter un stora ms2000 d'ocassion et impossible de l'installer ; j'ai le product key mais il m'indique de saisir le nom du stora d'avant.

Comment faire pour pouvoir le faire fonctionner? Avoir un nouveau product key? Je n'ai aucun contact avec la personne qui me l'a vendu.

Merci.

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7