× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No access, blinking blue power

rossjha
Follower

No access, blinking blue power

My stora has worked fine for 4 years, but has been failing over the last couple of data. I normally access from my Macbook via Samba, but i can no longer connect. The blue power light constantly blinks goes off and then blinks again. I only have 1 2TB HD and i can hear it spinning.

As a sanity check, i replaced the network cable and rebooted the router, but no joy.

I can't restart holding on/off for 5 sec, i need to take the power out each time.
From the router i can see the Stora is assigned an IP, but after a short while it disappears.

I've tried everything suggested in the stickies, but nothing is working. When i press the reset and don't restart nothing happens. If i switch off and press reset when it's on (after 15 sec) the 3 lights blink quickly, but nothing changes.

Any ideas? Also is it possible to read the Stora disk (OS X) if i put it in an external enclosure?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ross

Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: No access, blinking blue power

Hi @rossjha,

To isolate whether it is a power issue, I suggest plugging the Stora to another power outlet or try using another power adapter with the same voltage and amp specification as the supplied adapter.

You may need a program that will allow you to read the file format of the HDD which is using Linux if you intend to directly connect it to the computer.

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7