× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem with Time Machine after updating to Lion

Robbz84
Aspirant

Problem with Time Machine after updating to Lion

Hi.
Updated my MAC to lion today and uncounted some problems with the backup program Time Machine.

First off after the update TM couldn't connect to my Stora that I've used for the backups before.
Had to wipe it clean of the backups i had already on it, when doing that i got a simple error message "Error" not more info to it, but after three attempts i think i succeeded.
But when setting the TM up again and finally getting it to connect to my Stora i get this pop-up window when trying to back my computer up.
(got the message in swedish to sorry if its poorly translated)
"The network disk backup can not support the AFP functions required"
Anyone know what to do about it?
Like i said above it worked fine up until Lion today...
Message 1 of 4
oystein
Aspirant

Re: Problem with Time Machine after updating to Lion

Got the exact same problem. The STORA device was hard to setup in Snow L. also. Had to create a sparsebundle manually, but in Lion it does not seem to work at all. Been seeing tweets about other people having trouble as well.
Message 2 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Message 3 of 4
sillyname
Aspirant

IMO ...
I suppose it depends on where you are putting your TM backups on the Stora. If you are putting them on the Stora2 server then you would be using SMB to mount the comptersbackup$ share, which wouldn't (or shouldn't) be affected by the mismatched AFP (Netatalk) protocol on the current FW version of the Stora.

If you are using the MyComputers or MyLibrary volumes of Stora then you probably are affected as these shares are capable of AFP transfers. Netatalk 2.2 should be released soon and just a matter of time before the Stora FW gets the update, ... we hope 🙂
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7