× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems login in to Stora from web-interface

WinnickDK
Aspirant

Problems login in to Stora from web-interface

Hi Guys,

My Stora has been acting strange today and yesterday - slow in reacting and such, so I thought I would scan the disk see if there are problems in that area.

Therefore I went to the webinterface (I normally just logon using explorer) - and it seems like my password i accepted - but I just get bounced back to the logon page.

I tried with a different password, but that correctly is rejected - but when I try the correct one, it just returns me to the logon page.
If I logon using explorer like normal - I have no problems.

I checked to see if there was a port forwarding problem - but according to the tester, only the FTP access is not open (and that is because I've not enabled internetsharing when I initially setup the box)

thanks in advance for any help

cheers
Message 1 of 8
Hale11
Novice

Re: Problems login in to Stora from web-interface

Please access your STORA settings locally then go to the STORA Preferences make sure to check the Enable remote access and enter your Stora name then submit.
Message 2 of 8
Hale11
Novice

Please access your STORA settings locally then go to STORA Preferences and check the Enable remote access and enter your Stora Name then click submit.
Message 3 of 8
WinnickDK
Aspirant

This is exactly what I cannot do.
When I go to my IP in order to access the webinterface - it will not allow me to login, but constantly bounces me back to the login page with no error message.
I assume this is what you mean by accessing locally?

I have tried with Chrome and with FireFox, but no difference between the two (just to check if it should be a browser problem)
Message 4 of 8
Hale11
Novice

Can you ping your STORA? Please access your STORA locally using - http://IP_Address/?local=1
Message 5 of 8
winglessangel07
Aspirant

can you try to ran the reset tools that comes with the Stora CD to reset the password for your user.

Please note that you will need to recreate the users for you to be able to see the files.
Message 6 of 8
WinnickDK
Aspirant

I can access my Stora no problem - I just go through explorer (not IExplorer) - to \\stora - and logon.
This gives me access to my data - no problem there.

it's only when I try to access the webinterface through http://IP_Address/?local=1 (and actually you don't need local=1 anymore - just go to the IP adress)

then the web interface comes up and asks me to logon - when I do this with the right password - I can tell that it accepts the password (because if I enter an incorrect one, it tells me wrong password) - the page changes to "logging on" and shows the 5 categories - but then it jumps back to the login page again.

my password is working - I can logon to my data no problem. I have just accidently activated my 30 day trial of the premium features - because I was testing my password - it's just the function to get into the web-interface that is not working for me.
Message 7 of 8
sillyname
Aspirant

It still may be a browser problem, ...
When you enter your IP address of the Stora into the address bar and enter your credentials, is the IP address followed by extra data?

Like 192.168.1.xx/homebase/signin?i=xxxxxxxx if so remove the gibberish and try logging in again making sure no extra data is being supplied. I'm not familiar with IE, but this has been a problem with some Firefox versions as well as Chrome. Hope this helps.
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7