× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re-flash your NetGear Stora

AndrewG24
Novice

Re: Re-flash your NetGear Stora

As per the instructions at the head of this thread, I have tried:
- Running the SelfCheck software
- Hard Reset the Stora and
- Re-flashed the Stora (I am unsure of the firmware version as I can't connect to it).
without sucess,

On the re-flash I get to a third set of the blue, and yellow lights flashing but no orange.
It then flashes in sync permanently without any change. any thoughts?

My main aim is to get access to some back up files and I was thinking of taking out the hard drive and accessing through a cradle but a little concerned this wont work and I will corrupt the desk.
Message 101 of 112
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have successfully performed this action however after recreating my account I appear to have lost about 25% of my data this is not supposed to happen is it not?
Message 102 of 112
Southkil
Aspirant

Hi,

Did you select the same language as when you first setup the stora? It does seem strange that some of your data is missing though. I would have thought that you would have all or nothing.

Cheers.
🙂
Message 103 of 112
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I didn't get the option to select a language, I am most confused also.

I would have expected an all or nothing situation. Most of the data I have identified as missing has been transferred within the last couple of months. Much older stuff appears to all be intact.

However not all the newer stuff is gone some file i moved last week are still present.
Message 104 of 112
Dokdar
Aspirant

I lost connectivity to the Stora a few months ago. Now I really need the data urgently.

I re-flashed and got to a point where I could run the setup by pinging the IP address and running the setup in my browser. I know my original device name, username and password. Upon completing that, I had a path to the three Stora folders in windows explorer (however I got an error when trying to navigate to them "Windows cannot access \\192.168.1.5"). The web UI also would not navigate to the folders. I obtained this IP address by pinging stora in the cmd prompt.

My original IP address when I setup the Stora two years ago was different (192.168.2.6). I went into preferences in the UI and tried to change the IP address to 192.168.2.6 in case it would allow access to the default folders. I have a feeling this has put me back further. I had no success so I uninstalled all the Stora desktop software to start again. From here, I could not run the setup disk or run setup by navigating to the IP address in my browser. I get an error that the "website is not available". When I insert the disk, I get to the page with the setup as option number 1. But selecting that, I then get an error "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.5.

I then tried:
- Running the SelfCheck software
- Hard Reset the Stora and
- Re-flashed the Stora (I am also unsure of the firmware version as I can't connect to it).

I am without success. I still cannot run the setup disk or run setup by navigating to the IP address. Again, I got the IP address via the cmd prompt "ping stora". I have tried my old IP address to no avail.

Please, if anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it.

I also have a question, if the drive is not corrupted or ruined, can I somehow retrieve the data via another manner (a caddy) and transfer it to a simple portable usb 1TB drive to recover it?

Doc
Message 105 of 112
Dokdar
Aspirant

Can anyone assist with this?
Message 106 of 112
Southkil
Aspirant

Dokdar wrote:
Can anyone assist with this?

Did you try and install the stora agent program? Maybe this will point your computer to the right address.

By looking at your IPs, have you changed your modem/router at all?

🙂
Message 107 of 112
Dokdar
Aspirant

Southkil wrote:
Did you try and install the stora agent program? Maybe this will point your computer to the right address.

By looking at your IPs, have you changed your modem/router at all?

🙂

Thanks Southkil.

When I try to install the program with my disc, it will not run. When I run Storasetup.exe, the setup wizard stops at step 1 (Setup your Stora). I get the error "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.5"

Previously I could get past this point and enter my stora name etc. Since I played with the IP address in the preferences I cannot access any more.

I have not logged into my router at all. Do you have any ideas there that I could try?
Message 108 of 112
Boszyg
Novice

Hey! the latest software is up, but I can not start the recovery mode. the same phenomenon as many others: flashing blue LED is nothing more (no HDD LED nor the network led by the connector at the back). Based on the description of the reset button pressed up so much that I can achieve all three on the front panel LED will flash (in addition to flashing blue LED blinks first five of the two HDD and then go out again and then the third time will remain flashing LED). life can arouse somehow ???
Message 109 of 112
AlexVB
Novice

Boszyg wrote:
Hey! the latest software is up, but I can not start the recovery mode. the same phenomenon as many others: flashing blue LED is nothing more (no HDD LED nor the network led by the connector at the back). Based on the description of the reset button pressed up so much that I can achieve all three on the front panel LED will flash (in addition to flashing blue LED blinks first five of the two HDD and then go out again and then the third time will remain flashing LED). life can arouse somehow ???

I've got the same issue with my Stora, seems Hard Reset procedure doesn't work, I push Reset after 15 sec waiting and press it for 30 or 60 sec but Power LED continues blinking all the time both HDD LEDs are off...
In Stora Manual I found another Hard Reset procedure where we should press Reset button in 10 sec - seems it works partially all LEDs start blinking together but after third time they start blinking together all the time...
In DHCP console of the router I can not see that the Stora obtains an IP address and also NIC LEDs are not lit although the network cable works fine with my laptop computer.
I would be very appreciated if anybody advise me how to fix this issue.
P.S. Stora's firmware version is the latest - v2.5.
Message 110 of 112
Southkil
Aspirant

To start, push the power button then wait 15 sec and the press and hold the reset button.

🙂
Message 111 of 112
studioworks123
Aspirant

Hello,
After 2 years with my stora Plugged off, i want Format, clean y upgrade ,
it doesn´t matter the hard disk information.

I try to upgrade firmware, after connect an acces via web to my stora,
upgrade firmware info appears. but an error occurs after try to upgrade.

2.5.1 it´s my actual firmware.

what it´s the easy way to upgrade (not problem to loss the information).

Also when i try to change the preferences, nothing happens, always come
back whit the same configuration.

thanks in advance from spain.
Message 112 of 112
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7